Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 07 CTS 2.8L
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes back to my other thread about replacing the rim on my 07 CTS, it appears that when I hit whatever it was it also damaged the winshield washer system, do not know if it is the tank itself that is damaged or maybe the plumbing. But there is defintely a leak somewhere. Anybody know how hard it is to replace the tank or to access this?

Also the fog light is also out (yellow portion still works), would I need to remove the bumper to replace the bulbs or is there an easy way to do this?

Do not know how many people have done this, but does anyone know how hard it is to replace both the front air dam (rubber strip under the front bumper), and the front air deflector.

I already got the part numbers and am looking up the prices on GM Parts direct.

Thanks.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Also the fog light is also out (yellow portion still works), would I need to remove the bumper to replace the bulbs or is there an easy way to do this?

i cant help u too much on the other stuff, but i can help with this fog light thing...

to access the fogs
turn the steering wheel all the way to one side... then turn the car off, this will lock them where they are.
grab a flathead screwdriver & pry out the pushpins on the front wheel well where the foglight is out.
get the plastic wheel well liner thing out of the way and you can reach in & access the foglight.

if u need more room, remove the plastic wheel well liner completely... to do so, get back in the car, turn the steering wheel to the opposite direction, cut the ignition.... you now have access to that remaining pushpin thats holding the liner in place.

its pretty simple.

mike

*edit*

here's a picture just to clear things up a bit more...

see 2nd & 3rd pictures ... (notice the red numbers, 1,2,3,4 ... those are hte push pins you'll need to remove... in addition to one more, IIRC)

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts