Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ats4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I need help, i just bought (4) new Cadillac ATS Luxury pkg 18x9 (fail). Quick purchased and didnt thought they made two size wheels. Now of course they dont fit infront..what can i do? i tested fit with 1inch spacer it does fit but the spacer doesnt clear wheels stud..

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,026 Posts
Broke this out of the "Please post your wheel pics" thread.

what can i do? i tested fit with 1inch spacer it does fit but the spacer doesnt clear wheels stud.
What kind of 1" spacers did you buy? Are you saying that you bought the slip-on style and that the stock wheel studs aren't long enough?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
I need help, i just bought (4) new Cadillac ATS Luxury pkg 18x9 (fail). Quick purchased and didnt thought they made two size wheels. Now of course they dont fit infront..what can i do? i tested fit with 1inch spacer it does fit but the spacer doesnt clear wheels stud..
I thought the Premium's RWD's came
18" x 8" front, 18" x 9" rear forged polished aluminum wheels***
(finish can change)

and I thought Luxury wheels were all 8" wide. Are you sure you have (4) 18 x 9" wheels that are OEM? If so, are you putting what are normally rear's on the front?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD , BMW E30 325IC
23 Posts
Sounds like he purchased four of the rear (18x9) wheels.

You have a few options to make it work:

1. Buy extended studs and use the spacers you have.
2. Buy spacers with studs
3. or of course, buy (2) of the 18x8 front wheels.

Personally, I would rather get 4 spacers and run a square set all around than run a staggered set. This allows you to buy tires in sets of 4, as well as being able to properly rotate tires = longer tire life, and lastly I find the stance of square setups to be much better.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
Sounds like he purchased four of the rear (18x9) wheels.

You have a few options to make it work:

1. Buy extended studs and use the spacers you have.
2. Buy spacers with studs
3. or of course, buy (2) of the 18x8 front wheels.

Personally, I would rather get 4 spacers and run a square set all around than run a staggered set. This allows you to buy tires in sets of 4, as well as being able to properly rotate tires = longer tire life, and lastly I find the stance of square setups to be much better.
I prefer the staggered set, except if I already owned the wheels I might just deal with it. If you like the look of a square set up then I would do it but I can't see buying wider, more expensive front tires, then rotating them occasionally (or paying someone to do it) all so I can get more life out of the set. As long as the tires are wearing evenly across the tread I have my doubts about how much the total life of the tire increases by rotating them, especially when considering the cost and/or hassle of doing it.

Would you still run a 255 front or something less and has anyone verified the 255 on the 9" rear wheel (with spacer) will fit on the front and also not look strange (fronts out further than the rears)?

·
Registered
ats4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt buy spacer yet. i tried one of my friend 5x114.3 1inch with stud. the wheel clear the shock but not the oem stud with the back of the wheel. 1.25inch should be ok, i'm not sure if it gonna be too wide?? as for the tire its already on four 225/40/18.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD , BMW E30 325IC
23 Posts
So the spacer is not thick enough to clear the stock studs completely? If that is the case then you can either get a thicker spacer, shorter studs to replace the stock ones, or a stud-less spacer and longer studs to replace the stock ones.

If you are worried about adjusting the net offset too much with spacers (causing the wheel to stick too far out), I would buy a fitment tool and play around with that before making your decision.

·
Registered
ats4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, 1inch doesnt clear stock studs. willtheyfit.com gave me : this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 22.7mm closer to the suspension strut.The outer rim will poke out 2.7mm more than before.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
I prefer the staggered set, except if I already owned the wheels I might just deal with it. If you like the look of a square set up then I would do it but I can't see buying wider, more expensive front tires, then rotating them occasionally (or paying someone to do it) all so I can get more life out of the set. As long as the tires are wearing evenly across the tread I have my doubts about how much the total life of the tire increases by rotating them, especially when considering the cost and/or hassle of doing it.

Would you still run a 255 front or something less and has anyone verified the 255 on the 9" rear wheel (with spacer) will fit on the front and also not look strange (fronts out further than the rears)?
Rotating will give longer life. 2 years now on my aftermarkets and look brand new from rotating. My front tires wear on the outside edge on all my cars. Maybe my driving style don't really know. But I do like the staggered look. Have had a couple cars staggered.

For the OP did you buy those wheels at a dealer? why would they give you 18x9 all around? Or whoever you bought them from ask them what the hell? You clearly have 4 rears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts