Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I pulled the dip off the chrome strip on the bumper because when I cleaning the dip off around the trim it was pulling off the trim I will redo it later

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Shakey I really like the look I just need to do something with chrome trim on bumper

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
i love plasti dip. but be sure to make a lot of coats. if you don't, it gets harder to peel especially if left on for a very long time. i ran into that issue with 2 out of my 4 rims because i was running low. i litterally had to powerwash and use a
rag with a buffing compound and rub for hours. anyway looks good!

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The over spray was a pain but ended up using optimum no rinse and a mf towel. I have 4 coats black 2 glossifier I hope that's enough?

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2003 Avey Z66
614 Posts
Looks good! I did my wheels three years ago and they still look perfect! I am dreading the time coming up when I will have to replace the tires though...

·
Registered
cts
18 Posts
I had th same problem when I dipped the chrome on my rear bumper. In certain places the chrome trim abuts the bumper. If you're careful, you can mask right up to the bumper in the places that are problematic, and then peel it off as soon as you're finished spraying the last coat. I did that and it seems to work. It's just annoying and you just have to be careful to not let the tape get into the wet dip.

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
The over spray was a pain but ended up using optimum no rinse and a mf towel. I have 4 coats black 2 glossifier I hope that's enough?
you should be okay. making not enough coats is basically like that over spray. it's a pain to remove.

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI
46 Posts
I love it! It looks great! I just did my wheels this weekend and I have really been considering doing the grille and trim. Thanks for the pics- It's good to see that yours turned out so well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts