Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spotted another CTS Coupe on the road for the first time. It was Raven Black, so just like mine (except for not having pinstriping or, grrrrr, collision damage). Anyway, that sighting confirmed what I thought--this car makes you look really cool to other drivers! :cool2:

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is this about pinstriping? Any pix?
The pinstriping shows up in the two pics I posted on the "Post pics" thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/116426-post-pics-your-new-08-10s-56.html

What you can't really make out in the pictures that I think is cool is that, in the middle of each pinstripe, on the door a little past the handle, there is a little Cadillac logo embedded in the stripe.

The pinstriping was a freebie for me. To get the exact car I wanted, the local dealer had to order it from another dealer. Apparently that dealer pinstripes all its cars. So I didn't even know about the pinstriping until I went to take delivery of my car. Had I been asked, I probably would not have requested the pinstriping or wanted to pay for it. But once I saw it I really liked it and decided it added a little somethin' somethin'.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
42 Posts
I have the same pinstriping on my '08, and I like it. My dealer stripes all their cars as well. When I had some repair work done after someone backed into me, it took a few extra days and a couple hundred bucks for the dealer to get the pinstriping guy out to redo it.

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
When I got my coupe last week I didn't realize how rare they are. Now that I think about it though, the only other coupes I have seen are at the dealership. It's nice having the new hot car! Kind of like driving the first 2010 Camaro, but a lot nicer :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts