Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ctsv
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start by saying this is my first american car i have ever bought... i was an import V8 guy but this car is incredible and i love GM for making this car.

Is there any way i can put LED tailights in my V i have a 2005...how do i convert my steering wheel controls for audio...i know i could search but this forum is very large and the results i want dont show up,

And is there a site for the V for wear i can look at aftermarket parts?

Thanks for the help:bouncy:

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
What makes you think this car is so great? All domestic cars are like this car.

j/k Welcome! Hope your experience is positive, because this car has its idiosyncrasies.

·
Registered
Ctsv
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its such a different kind of machine compared to infiniti and bmw.... its more american lol

Im from NJ and im always driving somewear on highways and i havent once had one person pass me with me having to push no more than half the pedal.

I looked at the LED tailights but i dont want to entirely do them myself theres no ummm. official kit to buy?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You don't want to entirely change the bulbs out your self? What, you wanna do, like, half a screw and then have someone else get in there, do some of the rest of the screwing with you?

What kind of kit would you be looking for to change a couple of bulbs?

It's really not that difficult. At all. It'll take you all of 15 minutes. If you're in Northern Jersey area, I'll do it for you. If you scratch my azz.

And welcomz!

·
Registered
Cadillac
263 Posts
Its such a different kind of machine compared to infiniti and bmw.... its more american lol

Im from NJ and im always driving somewear on highways and i havent once had one person pass me with me having to push no more than half the pedal.

I looked at the LED tailights but i dont want to entirely do them myself theres no ummm. official kit to buy?
If there was a LED taillight "kit", it would take longer to install than the LED bulb swap. Either way you have to remove the tails... Once they're out, just replace the factory bulb with the new LED bulb. Just make sure you test the bulb before you put it all back together. If an LED bulb is in backwards, it won't light up. If that happens, just remove the bulb, turn it 180*, then plug it back in. I love my lights from www.V-Leds.com.

Why do you want LEDs? Did you tint your tails, or do you just want brighter brakes?

Oh yeah, Welcome!

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Glad to see you have converted! Welcome!!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
Welcome!

I thought the verdict was that the 3157 & 3156 LEDs in the taillight housings were not as bright as regular ol' incandescent bulbs?

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Im from NJ and
God, they make enough fun of us already, kidding. Welcome to the forum and V community. Where in Jerz are you from?

·
Registered
Ctsv
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey sorry guys for the late response, i'm on my iPhone so I can't quote or anything ..

I live in Rahway And Union Nj .. if any of you guys ever see a stock V all black with 5% tint and a 15% windshield tint that's me lol

since the day I got the car whch was march 08 I wanted to put LED taillights .. like the new cadillac with the tail lights that's what I've always wanted but I've gone as far as asking my friend who has connections with cars and he contacted someone from china and it was no luck with it..

But the car is unbelievable like I said I always had BMWs 3 series and a Infiniti M45 and there's nothing like the pride taken with a American car with the import cars there's so much technology but with the V it's like slushy (in a good way) it has to be driven a certain way it's just straight power I love it.. I just hate paying for it cause I got laid off so that's
my only concern with the car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts