Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought my first cadillac (2003 CTS) less than 24 hours ago and I'm already twitching to add my own personal touches to it lol. I'm an electronics junky and have never owned a vehicle with a factory sound system. This model has the Bose system with navigation. I do not want to change the head unit, but I want my Sirius Xm. Can I buy a junkyard or ebay module to plug into this unit to add INTEGRATED XM? I would prefer a factory look, if at all possible.

Question 2: is there a cheaper way to come by the navigation discs other than buying it for $200?

Any help or input is much appreciated

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
1. The navi unit has xm built into it. (hit the band button a few times)

2. If you find out how to get the navi discs cheaper let me know. I need one too lol.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried MANY MANY times by hitting the "band" button. All I can get is FM1, FM2, AM. Unless I'm doing it too slow or something. Tried the source button too, it's the same thing.

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
The nav discs are all over ebay and they're only a few bucks.

XM is an option on that radio but it won't be enabled unless the car has the XM blade antenna mounted on the rear edge of the roof.

So first you'd have to get that blade antenna and whatever additional components are involved.

Enabling the feature, I don't know. It might be a magic combination of buttons to push, and it might involve hooking the radio up to
a computer to get that feature turned on. Since I don't have that particular sound system, I haven't looked into it but I do know
that the factory installed XM system is always identified by that blade antenna on the rear of the roof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts