Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...But should be gone in a week if we don't get another storm.

Shot from my window.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,431 Posts
wow. Today we're at 84F, mostly sunny. If we see snow at all, it isn't til January.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a little early. Hope that indicates a little milder winter this season.
Yes it is early. It was looking like what we got would melt, but depending on who's giving it, the forecast is for more snow before Oct 31, looks like we're going to have a white Halloween (I hope they're wrong, lol). Yeah for AWD! A milder winter would be nice, but Temps right now are colder than seasonal...a lot colder...eh.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
According to our NWS (National Weather Service) our Mid-Atlantic winter is forecast to be a tad on the wet, mild side and you guys in Lower Central Canada are in for downright chilly weather.

Some years ago, ice fishing on Lake Of The Woods in January, it never got above -12F for 5 days. Baudette, MN.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... you guys in Lower Central Canada are in for downright chilly weather.
I think that's right on the mark. Lucky I got my fall clean up done the day before this snow fall...took three hours to get it done - living in a forest is nice, but fall means one heck of a lot of leaves to clean up.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
I understand your "living in a forest" all to clearly. We live in a heavily forested area - oak, pine, maple, holly - and the cleanup is never done - no matter how much stuff we lug back to the property line.

Here's an aerial view of the house - at the tip of the red marker. We have 2 acres, gravel road.

aerial photo.jpg

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand your "living in a forest" all to clearly. We live in a heavily forested area - oak, pine, maple, holly - and the cleanup is never done - no matter how much stuff we lug back to the property line.
Right...bags and bags of leaves. We have poplar and birch for the most part, some oak, maple (have an ornamental one (big) just out side my door...Sometimes I scratch my head as to why I planted it, but it sure looks nice in the fall with it's burgundy leaves.

Even with all the work, I would not want to have a house on the open prairie.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,482 Posts
I’m totally into snow. If it wasn’t for this damn Corona - and the dictatorship like handling of this - I would have booked two skiing trips already.
I’m in so much doubt if I should go to Val Thorens in France or Cervinia in Italy.
If the Covid carries on I’m stuck with the Swedish or Norwegian hills.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes it is early. It was looking like what we got would melt, but depending on who's giving it, the forecast is for more snow before Oct 31, looks like we're going to have a white Halloween (I hope they're wrong, lol). Yeah for AWD! A milder winter would be nice, but Temps right now are colder than seasonal...a lot colder...eh.
Snowy is way better than soaky wet and mud.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, we are currently in the midst of a snow storm with high winds. Ground is covered in snow, and more snow tomorrow, plus rain and snow right on Halloween :(
Even with +1C on Thur and +7C on Fri, this stuff is unlikely to melt very much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts