Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the oil, power steering, trans, and engine coolant done and have a couple of questions. The place that did the coolant said they added some conditioner. From looking at posts here everyone says pellets (bars) should be added. Is this the same thing as the conditioner ?? Will adding bars on top of the conditioner be bad ?? Should I do it ??

Also I am not sure if my model, 89 caddy couple deville, has one of those engine oil monitor's. Does it ?? If so how do I reset it for the recent oil change ??

thanks

CLEB
1989 Cadillace Couple Deville

·
Registered
305 Posts
Call them and ask what is the conditioner they added. Did they just drained and refilled the ATF (tranny) or flushed and refilled? Flushing is dangerous since someone else's crap could be introduced to your system.

If your DIC has "Eng Data" button, depress it several times until it shows Oil Life hold "Range" and Eng Data simultaneously until the display shows 100.

cleb said:
I just had the oil, power steering, trans, and engine coolant done and have a couple of questions. The place that did the coolant said they added some conditioner. From looking at posts here everyone says pellets (bars) should be added. Is this the same thing as the conditioner ?? Will adding bars on top of the conditioner be bad ?? Should I do it ??

Also I am not sure if my model, 89 caddy couple deville, has one of those engine oil monitor's. Does it ?? If so how do I reset it for the recent oil change ??

thanks

CLEB
1989 Cadillace Couple Deville

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will call... also not sure about the tranny... I do not have a eng data button...

·
Registered
1988 Coupe Deville, 1991 Coupe Deville, 1989, 1994 Eldorado
160 Posts
Hi
only the eldos and sevilles had the engine oil monitors on the DIC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts