Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is it again? I forget.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree. I was a bit disappointed when the pics were revealed, but I was lucky enough to see a photo shoot in Soho and to get up close at the auto show. It is stunning. Handsome.

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum
51 Posts
Its not the look of the car that conscerns me the most.

Its a 100k car with this for an engine:

All of the competitors for this line, Audi A8, BMW 7-series, and Mercedes-Benz S-class have V8 options. All of them.

Big boy cars have V8s. Cadillac used to understand that.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts

All of the competitors for this line, Audi A8, BMW 7-series, and Mercedes-Benz S-class have V8 options. All of them.

All the others weigh more (a lot more in some cases); want that too. Look at the 'package', if you don't like it pass.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts

All the others weigh more (a lot more in some cases); want that too. Look at the 'package', if you don't like it pass.

this car is not competing with those cars...simple as that

this car is more of a higher end E class...5 series.....A6 type of competitor

The reason its lighter is because its just built lighter without the build of the full sized cars

Warren

----------

on another note...Cadillac has NEVER competed with those cars...and I will roll in the Lexus LS as well

what makes you think they are trying to now?

Warren

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum
51 Posts

The reason its lighter is because its just built lighter without the build of the full sized cars

Warren

----------

on another note...Cadillac has NEVER competed with those cars...and I will roll in the Lexus LS as well

Warren
Because they claim it.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/02/24/cadillac-ct6-sedan-to-compete-with-bmw-7-series-and-mercedes-benz-s-class/

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What?

"The reason its lighter is because its just built lighter without the build of the full sized cars" (keeping your quote untouched)

What on earth are you talking about? It's lighter because it's built better, with lightweight materials. Have you seen it? Driven it? Touched it? Anything? No? I didn't think so.

So, please, enlighten us how it's somehow "without the build of the full size cars," especially since, you know, it's just as big or BIGGER than those "full size" cars you listed.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
turnne said:
this car is not competing with those cars...simple as that this car is more of a higher end E class...5 series.....A6 type of competitor The reason its lighter is because its just built lighter without the build of the full sized cars Warren ---------- on another note...Cadillac has NEVER competed with those cars...and I will roll in the Lexus LS as well what makes you think they are trying to now? Warren
Oh yes it is ! You can't keep changing up Who the competition is if you're not up to the fight.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

Warren

----------

Warren
You continue to form opinions based on the minions running around in your own head. I used to wonder if you were just old and maybe a bit senile. Now I sense you are just a troll.

----------

How do you know this is a $100k car? Also, you keep ignoring the FACT it will have a V8. Just that it also will have other choices elitist snobs like you can't grasp...

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
In the article you posted, De Nysschen never claims the CT6 will compete with the 7 and S. I think it would be a bad to say officially that the CT6 will compete with the S and 7, as people will simply point to the competitors most advanced expensive versions as examples of how the CT6 wont compete. Where the CT6 offers a competitor, it should compete well, but I dont think it will swim in the entire pool.
If the CT6 does weigh around 3700 lbs base with the 2.0T, it will have a better power to weight ration than your DTS platinum. 300 lbs less weight, 10 less hp, 10 less lbs-ft, and a better torque curve...
FWIW, the Jag XJ has a 4cyl turbo as a base engine already, and the 7 series is rumored to be offering one in the next gen.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
I'm definitely going to take a hard look at the CT6 (but I fear will be out of my price range; maybe a CPO after a year or two and even then might be too much for my retired butt).

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
While Audi has had a 4cyl in their global A8 for years...
Not that Wikipedia is the ultimate source, but according to their Audi A8 listing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A8), the A8 was either a V6 or V8 from inception until 2012 and in that year they introduced their hybrid version which includes a I4 gas engine AND an electric motor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts