Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Folks,

New CTS-V owner here (two weeks) and new member to the forum. Since I will hopefully be keeping the car for several years to come and saw this forum with lots of Cadi / CTS-V related info I decided to join and subscribe to support the folks running it.

Initially I'll plan on only doing/modding things to the car that won't void the warranty and looking for all of you folks valuable experience with various parts like these fargen tires. Anyway, greetings and hope to learn a lot from all of you. :worship:

2005 CTS-V Red Line (stock, for the time being)

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
:welcome:

Youre gonna love it here....lots of excellent people and post that are both informative and well thought out. You may also notice a bit of Hatfield and McCoy goin on right now...that should fizzle out over time...dont let it throw you.

F

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
CIWS is a 10000% class act guys. I've known him since the late 90's (well, maybe 5 years or so). I saw the name as a new member and hoped it was him...then he PMs me a hello :cloud9:

Bro, check www.cadillacfaq.com and my hot topic sticky. Tire debates get heated, it almost seems you can't go wrong unless you buy the $99 Pep Boys special :D
Voiding your warranty is very dealer-dependent. You may not want to mess with much and that is cool, but you could look around the faq for good dallas-area dealers. I don't specifically remember any bad ones.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
:welcome: Nice color choice.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum and of course your doo.................................

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
:cheers: Welcome, did anybody tell you your initiation requires you to report back your first bimmer kill?

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
:wave: Welcome! Any friend of Urby's...

-- Hatfield

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wildwhl said:
CIWS :welcome:

But why'd you buy the slow red color :rolleyes:
(small story) I had been interested in the Red Color, but of course it is an added expense, so I wasn't sure if I'd be willing to pay extra unless I saw it in person. So a couple of Sunday's ago I was checking the local dealer's stock (one who actually gets CTS-Vs) and saw a Infrared 2006 showing in stock. So I fired off an e-mail that night asking if the website was correct because I was interested in seeing the color in person although I wasn't quite ready to purchase one needing to wait on a pay raise that comes in mid Jan. First thing the next morning the salesman e-mail's me back saying they did indeed get a 2006 red CTS-V in, but it was earmarked for GM exec use and was not for sale, however if I wished to come by and see it I could before it was shipped off that evening. So right before leaving work that afternoon I checked the website again and now it was showing a 2005 Red Line on the site. I went ahead and drove over to the dealership and the 2006 was sitting out front waiting to go out, I even took some pics of it in front of a silver V that had also been sold for comparison and future reference. So I asked the salesman about the 2005 red line that was now showing on the site and he said that had to be a mistake because they had already sold all of their new Cadi 2005 models from the dealership, but he said we could go ahead and look in the computer to see if that was what I had seen. So we go to his desk, pull up the site and sure enough it's showing a 2005 red line as well now. He picks up the phone and calls the inventory guys and asks why the site was showing that. As he finds out the dealership did indeed get a 2005 red line in on the truck that morning, but it hadn't been prepped yet and was still dirty. So he told me to hold on and he would go find out what the deal was with the car. When he came back about 15 min later he brought the car down with him and sure enough it was a 2005 red line with run flats, the red line paint, sun roof, and a 1300.00 gas guzzler tax, making the sticker price 53,300. It had apparently been earmarked to go to their dealership in New Orleans, LA but had been put on hold for shipment when the hurricane hit and after it was over, Cadillac held the car waiting to find out if it would ship it there or elsewhere. After a couple of months they decided to go ahead and move it to the Dallas dealership to be sold. The salesman said since it was a 2005 and they wanted to be rid of them before Jan 1 the dealership would probably be willing to work a good deal on the car. So they made me an offer I felt I had better hop on right then and did. :) Because of the car's intended point of shipment, the hurricane and then it getting redirected to me, I decided to name the car Katrina, since she's a powerful bitch :D

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Welcome!
To start you on your road to mod-dom:
1. FG2 shocks
2. Corsa exhaust
3. Ulitmate Pedals

Should be no warranty questions on these. One and two are factory options. Three is appearance (but get the heel-and-toe version if you're up for some pedal dancing and you'll be rewarded with some functionality gain besides the good looks!). Number four would be a CAGS eliminator so you can use all forward gears when you decide to. Not sure if daddy spank if he catches you using one. Get one anyway!

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Great choice of cars! If it's not alread been done, go ahead and get the GM bushing TSB. That should be your first "mod". It's a warranty fix, therefore free.

Welcome!! :)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Welcome, its nice to see someone else chose another color instead of silver or black. No offense to anyone. Nice story.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts