Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for quite a while now and I wanted to introduce myself as this is my first post. I just took ownership of an '07 diamond white/black Escalade. She only had one previous owner who put 76k miles on her and, from what I could tell from the carfax, the previous owner babied her beyond belief. I've wanted one for quite a while, and after countless hours at the dealership today trying to strike a deal, it finally became a reality. I came from an '06 Envoy Denali, so no stranger to GM trucks.

Just wanted to get a consensus as to some common issues to look for...she feels and drives great from what I can tell, but since I have a 60 day warranty from the dealer I want to ensure issues that I might not be aware of get resolved before I have to come out of pocket. In addition, I am assuming the rear seat DVD system is supposed to have headphones, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see them in the truck anywhere, but haven't really looked in much detail.

Also, this truck may have been owned previously by a forum member...the center console has been replaced with the newer style that has the little storage space on top. Let me know if it might be any of you; I purchased it from Fox Chevrolet Buick GMC in Laurel, Md. Also, if it WAS someone on the forum, did you happen to replace the VCIM for a bluetooth model lol. In any case, pics, and MODS to come. Cheers!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would make sure all the fluids have been changed. Yes if you have rear seat entertainment there should be headphones, but many times kids destory them, have seen them on ebay. Most common issue with 2007 was windnoise from the drivers window and mirror, and front diffs going from not changing the gear oil

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Welcome to the forum lots of great info and people in here. Congrats on your new ride and enjoy your stay!!

12,778 Posts
Can't wait to see those upcoming pics of your new ride, wangstarr03! Welcome to the forum! If you ever have vehicle questions, would like a copy of your Escalade's build sheet, etc., please let me know. I'm reachable via email at [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Its nice to know that you got one with the center armrest. You can buy new woodgrain panels for the cupholders and the dash and around the navigation and you have a new truck. The headphones its really not important you can buy sonys from bestbuy with long cords and they work better anyways than the wireless for 20$ each and plug them in as needed most kids these days use ipads etc. Get the multimedia kit from oemautopartsco.com for 50$ and you can plug your ipod into a rca jack those isimples and pacs really dont work right anyways. ISIMPLE makes a wire that will plug directly into the multimedia kit for 49.00 and you can plug your iphone in and charge it and play music. Also do the DRL, Park lights, mirror lights, door lights and license plate lights LED and get the XENON fog light kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts