Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 deville conv, 94 Fleetwood Brougham, 76 Coupe DeVille
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my introductory post. Thanks to all of you guys from whom I've gathered plenty of useful info for some time now. I have had Cadillacs for many years as hobby cars and now they are beginning to pile up. Not that it is a bad thing.
Fortunately my wife is a full enabler of my hobbies and she claims ownership of the fleet. Makes it easy.

In our stable we have a '66 Deville convertible, '76 Coupe Deville, '84 Fleetwood Brougham, and a '77 Ford Country Squire. I've posted pics of those in my profile.

I'll tag onto some of these threads as I get to them and if picture upload is no big deal I'll make sure to upload pics because that is what seems to be lacking many times. Who doesn't want to see a pic?

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,197 Posts
Nice cars. U have a typo in the post though. Sez 84 Fleetwood.

Did they sell Red Country Squire wagons from the factory?
400 C.I?

·
Registered
1970 Coupe De Ville//Cessna 172
551 Posts
Would like to see pictures of the cars......... But also, lets see a picture of your wife!!!
Just kidding (in case my wife reads this). Having a spouse enable (or just not hate) your hobbies is more than half the battle..............Money is the other half!!
Jeff

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
Yup, gotta take good care of the co-owner of the Cadillac fund!

Glad you joined up, seem to our kinda folk!

:welcome5:

Beautiful cars, including the wagon!

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Welcome, good to see new members around

·
Registered
66 deville conv, 94 Fleetwood Brougham, 76 Coupe DeVille
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been busy for the last week.

Yep, typo in my introductory post. My 84 Brougham is in fact a 94 Brougham.

And yes, the Country Squire is in original factory red--forget what they called it right now. 400 ci motor was standard and 460 was optional. The 400 is very anemic and I think they rated it at all of 158 h.p.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,197 Posts
I once did a lot of repair on one of those Lima 400 Ford wagons.

Drag raced it against my 71 CDV with a 75 500 under the hood. The Ford almost won with my girlfriend driving!!!!

Yeah the ratings were anemic but the thing made power. Watch out for busted distributor drive gears on that or any Cleveland type engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts