Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first mod - ain't much but in a brand new car it's start. I've got to show somebody who shares the enjoyment of the V....
Anyway, I got the real brushed aluminum dash kit for my consol (40 some pieces but only used 4). It's the version with the V and CTS cut outs. I inserted a red carbon fiber V and gloss black cts.

I also installed it as a surround for the HVAC controls and around the rear cup holders.

The pic (if I figured out how to attach it correctly) is from a camera phone so it sucks, but I think this is how the consol should have come given the other similar trim). The kit covers well under the vertical portion of the dash, the pic looks like it stops but it doesn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Things like brushed aluminum and wood trim need to be added sparingly and symmetrically. Just throwing it down to different surfaces tend to make it look tacked on, which is why I'm skeptical of such kits.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know if I like or not, you need to take a good pic, because in this one it looks like chrome, i;m sure if it matches the steering wheel it looks good.
So let's see some more pics. I;ve been trying to see how to spruce up the interior and the only way i Have found is to send somepieces to get dipped, so i welcome any other ways that look good

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I certainly appreciate the honest feedback...I could not agree more about the "use it sparingly" comment - that's why over 30 pieces are still in the box. I also feared an after market look so taped it in place several times just to make sure before doing it.
I'll try to get some better pics - it matches the standard stuff quite well and doesn't look anything like crome. I'm tellin ya, it really dressed up the interior - which was needed.
Crap, I should have waited for a better pic.....

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
guess i might be in the minority here, I like the "CTS-V". I would only put that in as long as it matches the steering wheel as mentioned already. where'd you find it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah...finally someone with some taste (just kidding gents). I got it from wood dash experts - web site. It's the so called "real brushed aluminum". It matches the steering wheel quite well - only see a difference if you hold it up against it. For that matter, have you noticed the steering wheel and the door handle material don't quite match from the factory? The logo cut outs are separate and can be in any color/material.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
You need to get the matching Brushed Aluminium Curb Feelers ! :D J/K

The best thing about mods is they are so varied.

Do what you like. If you like this, great.

Enjoy,

Chris

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya Chris - very funny with the curb feelers. I'm telling ya, it looks much better in person and I like it a lot. The bland vinyl left me wanting something to dress it up - the pic makes it look like it's not a perfect fit and doesn't cover fully but it does. If ya'll saw it next to the factory blandness, you MAY see my point. I wrestled with the decision to do it but am glad it did. There's a similar pic in the FAQ, but they went with black letters and stuck the material all over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts