Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2008 Cadillac CTS in Dec 14, it's 3.6 DI. Installed first mod today. Last week st work I performed our 3 stage fuel system service was actually pleasantly surprised in the difference. Anyway today I installed a catch can

·
Registered
629 Posts
avi1777 said:
i might be wrong but thats what i read anyway in the article u posted they talk about intercoolers which doesn't exist in n.a engines so.... ---------- http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/archive/index.php/t-385508.html
I'm assuming your talking about the three sentences out of the entire article that are in parenthesis (IF your vehicle is turbo or supercharged) . Blow by is produced by every vehicle with a PCV. So to say it's useless is wrong. If you read the whole article, which you had to, because you found the two sentences about forced induction, you would have read that the only type of injection system that does NOT benefit from a catch-can is port injection. Tens of thousands of people have them just on the 1st and 2nd generation CTS alone, and I highly doubt people would continue to buy them if they were "useless" Hell on my first gen I along with many others consider it a necessity.

·
Registered
3.6 rwd premium2009 cts
670 Posts
my car did over 70000miles is it still recommended even tho the intake and valves are dirty already?
tnx

·
Registered
629 Posts
avi1777 said:
my car did over 70000miles is it still recommended even tho the intake and valves are dirty already? tnx
there are many ways to clean them. Starting with simple fuel additives, and injection cleaning procedures, all the way to walnut blasting. That last one of course involves removing the valves from the heads. Have you visually inspected inside your manifold to know just how dirty it is? Because depending on you fuel type and driving habits it could be relatively clean still. But none the less the catch-can regardless of mileage will increase the life span of a motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts