Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS 1SF 113k | '97 SLS (blown hg @154k - sold)
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the other day my windshield wipers and my cig lighter stopped working, I took it in and they said they had to rewire everything and I payed them 150. So then I go to drive it that night and the lights are flickering(was not flickering before I took it to the dealership... I recognized this flickering before and was crossing my fingers that they just messed up some of the wiring and it wasn't the alternator.. well it was. So I had to pay an extra 550. Does this sound legit or did I take it up the @ss from the $tealer$hip???:suspect:

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan
897 Posts
Hum...sounds like a ripoff to me. People figure since you have a Cadillac then you probably have more money sitting around:halo:

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
How true...apparently they think that's what the big trunk is for - stashing the cash [or the bodies as the case may be] and sometimes it bugs me. I didn't buy a Caddy for the image (honestly!) I bought it because it was a big safe solid reliable car that rode well. The fact that is looks good is a fringe benefit.

The upshot of all this is that some people seem to think I'm rolling in $ [I'm not] and I'm sure I've disappointed more than a few golddiggers, uh, ladies with this disparity. <chuckle>

Anyway it sounds to me like they were grasping at straws to fix your problem and they already took two shots (right at your wallet which they apparently think is up your...) I would be a bit upset with them right now - and I assure they'd know it.

KDirk

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS 1SF 113k | '97 SLS (blown hg @154k - sold)
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, i'm still kind of suspicious.. my rpms are idling at about 1k in park and I haven't noticed that before. wtf are they gonna say next, I have to replace my battery?

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
The flickering lights and the other problems may have all been attributed to the alternator. Of course my SLS is 3 years older but it was doing the same thing and it costed me an alternator. But the stealership was ripping you off. I think they knew about the alternator all along and just wanted you to bring the car to get robbed(sorry:D)get it repaired again. about the RPMs you might want to do the idle speed relearn procedure. If should get the car back to a lower idle rpm. Look here on the forums for this procedure or look in your owners manual for the procedure. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts