Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, great. I'll be driving down to Athens this week, right through there. As if it wasn't bad enough having some lunatic shooting cars on the freeway here in Columbus, now we another clown (same guy?). :banghead:

What is wrong with people??? :annoyed:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I don't know which is worse, an unexpected shot from nowhere, or having the gun pointing in your face... Never had an unexpected, but having a gun pointed in your face is certainly a memorable experience.

And since I know you all will want to hear the story, happened a little over 2 years ago, when I had my Lincoln. I had pulled in to some parking lot, and as I was stepping out of the car, some guy came up, and pulled a gun on me, said to give him the keys. I was only partly out of the car, so I grabbed my own gun with my free hand, and pointed it in his face. Just quietly said, "I'm willing, are you?..." He didn't respond so I said "Just walk away." He looked at me, and then slowly started backing up, then turned tail and ran. I should note, I was suicidal at the time, and perfectly willing to do it for that car. My late grandfather's 95 Lincoln Town Car. Was eerily calm and quiet how I said it to. Almost bored sounding...
Think that's part of why it spooked him. When you point a gun at someone, you expect them to be intimidated. That's 90% of the point of a gun. But when you're holding a deadly weapon in someone's face, and they sound almost bored by it... Very unsettling.
And so you don't worry folks, I'm not suicidal any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts