Cadillac Owners Forum banner

First Flex Fuel V !!!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  keeksv 
#1 ·
Took my intake manifold off today to install my maggie.

This explains the missing corn we keep in the garage for feeding ducks in the winter. Dang little chipmunks!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Youre not going to tape those bad boys up?! If you need any help let me know, ive installed/uninstalled many times! Just wish i was closer..Now that i found out the only thing wrong with my maggie was the $5.99 idler pulley im tempted to pop her back on!

Whatever you do go light on the locktite and don't over tighten the valley cover bolts. I had to drill out 7 or 8 of the lil bastards!

#7 · (Edited)
Youre not going to tape those bad boys up?! If you need any help let me know, ive installed/uninstalled many times! Just wish i was closer..Now that i found out the only thing wrong with my maggie was the $5.99 idler pulley im tempted to pop her back on!

Whatever you do go light on the locktite and don't over tighten the valley cover bolts. I had to drill out 7 or 8 of the lil bastards!
Hadn't had a chance to tape the ports up yet when I took that pic. Heck, I hand plucked up every darn one of those pieces of corn, cleaned the head surfaces around the ports, vacuumed the remaining stuff (dirt!), then carefully taped them closed so I wouldn't drop something down there. When I put the new valley cover on, I torqued them to exactly what was called out in the instructions, 18 ft-lbs. :thumbsup:

Don't have the right tensioner pulley piece, so I gotta call Magnuson tomorrow and see if they can do a two-day shipment. I should finish up on Wednesday! Whoo Hoo !!!

Jimmy, you gonna fly back here for the Cruise?

Hey, heavy, thanks for that tip. I was lookin' in the front and couldn't see it at first. Thanks! Great idea!

#11 ·
We'll know soon when I try to fire 'er up in a few days.

Darn little buggers! Saw one darting around in the garage just yesterday ... went under my V (!) ... it's sitting on jackstands, waiting for a Magnuson part. I'm setting some rat traps this afternoon!!! :rant2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.