Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my intake manifold off today to install my maggie.

This explains the missing corn we keep in the garage for feeding ducks in the winter. Dang little chipmunks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Instead of storing your corn between Nylon-66 and aluminum, go with galvanized steel rings bolted together.

Good thing the moisture content was low or we could get the salt and butter out... :cowboy:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Youre not going to tape those bad boys up?! If you need any help let me know, ive installed/uninstalled many times! Just wish i was closer..Now that i found out the only thing wrong with my maggie was the $5.99 idler pulley im tempted to pop her back on!

Whatever you do go light on the locktite and don't over tighten the valley cover bolts. I had to drill out 7 or 8 of the lil bastards!

·
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Youre not going to tape those bad boys up?! If you need any help let me know, ive installed/uninstalled many times! Just wish i was closer..Now that i found out the only thing wrong with my maggie was the $5.99 idler pulley im tempted to pop her back on!

Whatever you do go light on the locktite and don't over tighten the valley cover bolts. I had to drill out 7 or 8 of the lil bastards!
Hadn't had a chance to tape the ports up yet when I took that pic. Heck, I hand plucked up every darn one of those pieces of corn, cleaned the head surfaces around the ports, vacuumed the remaining stuff (dirt!), then carefully taped them closed so I wouldn't drop something down there. When I put the new valley cover on, I torqued them to exactly what was called out in the instructions, 18 ft-lbs. :thumbsup:

Don't have the right tensioner pulley piece, so I gotta call Magnuson tomorrow and see if they can do a two-day shipment. I should finish up on Wednesday! Whoo Hoo !!!

Jimmy, you gonna fly back here for the Cruise?

Hey, heavy, thanks for that tip. I was lookin' in the front and couldn't see it at first. Thanks! Great idea!

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
corn! haha that is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Im surprised it didn't pop. some bon bons and a movie and you've got yourself a cheap date.

·
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm surprised they didn't chew any of the plastic or wires, or did they?:stirpot:
We'll know soon when I try to fire 'er up in a few days.

Darn little buggers! Saw one darting around in the garage just yesterday ... went under my V (!) ... it's sitting on jackstands, waiting for a Magnuson part. I'm setting some rat traps this afternoon!!! :rant2:

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
We'll know soon when I try to fire 'er up in a few days.
I'm setting some rat traps this afternoon!!! :rant2:
Peanut butter works as bait, or just poison the things..

Good luck with the blower, and let us know how your MPC (miles per chipmunk) compares with stock...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts