Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
The Mrs. just came out no more than five minutes ago and told me that Michael Jackson had died... Evidently it was "breaking news" on E.

Let us not also forget about Ed McMahon - a man I was far, far more sad to see go than MJ... Although it was very unfortunate to hear about Farrah.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TMZ is the only one running the story -- none of the other news svcs (other than one flash by Reuters) says he's just in the hospital w/cardiac arrest.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MJ thing -- who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if he faked it to "live on" like Elvis or something. The Farrah case, however, was VERY sad -- to see someone deteriorate like that. Ed McMahon was sad too, but at least he had lived a long and successful life. However, it was a shame that he fell on hard times at the end.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
He's dead. ABC is reporting it now as well, confirmed by the City of Los Angeles and law enforcement.

When I heard the initial report about the Cardiac Arrest I thought to myself... "They say these things come in threes"...

My jaw nearly dropped when they broke in again 20 minutes later and stated he had died.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
Yep it's on CNN, even though they are saying they haven't confirmed sources. E News reported this about 20 minutes ago, and I wasn't too sure. Now I'm sure. It's unfortunate... same with Mrs. Fawcett.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,152 Posts
Jackson is no loss to anyone. Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett were Relatively Normal people and represent a loss to the entertainment industry a few rungs beneath Hope and Crosby. Jackson was a plain freak who had the means to buy his way out of questionable legal hassles. Good riddance. He was great as a kid in a family group - as an adult he was lousy. Close to his sister.......

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I feel sorry for those kids, who have no choice but to be completely whacked by now...

And I'm calling it now....he had to have downed some pills....just sayin'...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Comparisons to Elvis are starting to come up on the news...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Well it looks like Michael finally "Beat It". The ironic thing is that I had listened to that exact song while I was out running this afternoon, not knowing he had died. He was only 50. :(

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
I was going to see MJ in London (in secret lol) but tickets were sold out. I still really want to visit the UK.

I'm going to put my Thriller LP on the turntable.

A friend of mine has (had?) tickets.
Took him hours to get them on release day...

Sad to hear this. Strange guy but I never believed the accusations made against him... A great loss to music, there are no performers like him these days.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,100 Posts
Ed McMahon was a WWII Marine Corps fighter pilot that went back into the service during the Korean War much like Ted Williams. Michael Jackson was a disgrace to humanity. Farrah was a nice bit of fluff.

·
Registered
2004 deville
37 Posts
I was a teenager when Farah was popular and spent countless hours trying to get my baby-fine hair to morph into her sexy mane of hair...she certainly was influential.

As to Michael...every since hearing of his death, I keep thinking about the line from "Wicked" (sorry, guys) where Glinda asks "are people born wicked..or do they have wickedness thrust upon them". I remember watching him as the cute, apple-cheeked little kid that he was..and then think about what he became. Really, it's sad..clearly there were a lot of demons driving him to do what he did..making him become what he became.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,100 Posts
I was a teenager when Farah was popular and spent countless hours trying to get my baby-fine hair to morph into her sexy mane of hair...she certainly was influential.

As to Michael...every since hearing of his death, I keep thinking about the line from "Wicked" (sorry, guys) where Glinda asks "are people born wicked..or do they have wickedness thrust upon them". I remember watching him as the cute, apple-cheeked little kid that he was..and then think about what he became. Really, it's sad..clearly there were a lot of demons driving him to do what he did..making him become what he became.

Just my opinion.
Just like Flip Wison, the devil made him do it.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts