Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the pleasure of being on the freeway at the same time as the talked about E55.
Truthfully, I didn't know what car you guys have been talking about, I'd never seen it.
Well the last couple of days I been practicing conserving gas and driving like a law bidding citizen(labor day weekend and the laws are out there bad) but today an E55 and I merged onto the freeway together.
He was on the phone, I was watching Blades of Glory on my way to work.
I gave the E55 a good look over and seen the name plate and immediately I was like, "That's the car they talk about on the forum."

It appeared that both of us was waiting to see if the other wanted to have a little fun.:sneaky:

I pulled into the far right lane and slowly passed some traffic. An old school thunderbird followed suit, then the E55.
Since we now had company, I speed up a little bit more. The E55 made is move on the thunderbird.
THEN IT WAS ON!:burn::burn::banana:
I got to weavin in and out, and he was right behind me.
I made two moves that he couldn't pull out and left him, only to sit in front of the pack that was blocking him and watching him drive on the shoulder trying to get folks to move out of his way.

He got loose and we had a short run before I had to exit for work.

Just thought I let you guys know, I know we don't condone street racing, but this was just a mere test of american vs. foreign power.

So is this E55 spose to be faster than the V?
Neither had clear road to really unleash any power, but it seems, like I was really getting the jump on him.

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
Weaving in/out ricer flyby-style <> racing. :suspense:

Of course it's difficult to do in traffic, but if you were to slow down and let the lanes open in front of you, a syncronized roll race would have been better. With just the basics (exhaust, throttle body, K&N, LS6 clutch) the E55 put a car and a half on me up to 120 MPH. A tune and headers would be a little closer, but a good cam + tune should put our cars ahead, unless the Krautmobile found a tune and pulley of his own.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Weaving in/out ricer flyby-style <> racing. :suspense:

Of course it's difficult to do in traffic, but if you were to slow down and let the lanes open in front of you, a syncronized roll race would have been better. With just the basics (exhaust, throttle body, K&N, LS6 clutch) the E55 put a car and a half on me up to 120 MPH. A tune and headers would be a little closer, but a good cam + tune should put our cars ahead, unless the Krautmobile found a tune and pulley of his own.
They are very dangerous with a tune and pully!

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
When you get some open highway, here is what you can expect from a 'stock' E55:

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php?carmodel=483&op1=>=&data1=2004&search2=et&op2=<=&data2=2006&stock=1&days=10000000&carmake=30&name=Search+DragTimes

An ECU upgrade and pulley swap, which cannot be detected, will put an E55 around 11.7ET 1/4 mile. Until you have seen an E55 at the dragstrip, or driven in one, you will not have the full respect this car deserves. With that said, a little eye and ear candy:

http://www.dragtimes.com/2004-Mercedes-Benz-E55-AMG-Videos-10814.html

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
As much as I love the CTS-V, you should be glad you didn't have open highway. The E55 is a beast not to be taken lightly.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
As much as I love the CTS-V, you should be glad you didn't have open highway. The E55 is a beast not to be taken lightly.
an E55 will kick your ass up and down....even a heavily modded V will have a tough time....DAMHIK.

F

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
F,
Glad you said it, as I did not want to be labeled a V-hater.
I love the V, but those E-55s are wicked nasty!!!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
That E55 is nasty. The first time I noticed one, the driver seen me eyeballing his, this guy did a launch from a stop light. I was truly impressed and I might have to get one.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS V
118 Posts
the E55 is a beast, like it better than the E63 for its potential. That said, the upcoming CTS-V should take that car to school stock for stock, and with tune and pulley on both, same story. At least if it really has a detuned Vette Blue Devil/ZR-1 engine.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
So how will the new C63 AMG stack up? How much lighter is that car than the E?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Here are the performance specs:

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Engine
No. of cylinders/arrangement: 8/V, 4 valves per cylinder
Displacement cc: 6208
Bore x stroke mm: 102.2 x 94.6
Rated output hp: 451 at 6800 rpm
Rated torque Nm: 443 at 5000 rpm
Compression ratio: 11.3 : 1
AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC7-speed automatic
Ratios
Final drive: 2.85
1st gear: 4.38
2nd gear: 2.86
3rd gear: 1.92
4th gear: 1.37
5th gear: 1.00
6th gear: 0.82
7th gear: 0.73
Reverse: -3.42/-2.23
Running gear
Front axle: Three-link suspension, anti-dive, coil springs, gas-pressure shock absorbers, stabilizer
Rear axle: Multi-link independent suspension, anti-squat and anti-lift, coil springs, gas-pressure shock absorbers, stabilizer
Braking system
Disc brakes all round, internally ventilated and blind-drilled, foot-operated parking brake at rear, ABS, Brake Assist, 3-stage ESP®
Steering
Speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering, steering damper
Wheels
Front: 8.0 J x 18; rear: 9.0 J x 18
Tires
Front: 235/40 ZR 18; rear: 255/35 ZR 18
Dimensions and weights
Wheelbase mm: 2765
Track width front/rear mm: 1568/1525
Overall length mm: 4725
Overall width mm: 1795
Overall height mm: 1438
Turning circle m: 10.8
Boot capacity*: 475
Kerb weight acc. to EC kg: 1730
Payload kg: 505
Perm. gross vehicle weight kg: 2200
Tank capacity/reserve l: 66/8
All figures are provisional; * Acc. to VDA measuring method; ** Electronically governed

Curb weight is listed by Car and Driver as "about 3,800lbs"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts