Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to put "Katrina" on the Dyno this afternoon and do 3 pulls to get a baseline of her performance before any Mods or improvements get done. I'm certainly no old hand at the CTS-V, but the numbers appear to be on par with a fully stock car (and 1500 miles on it). Here's the three printouts from the runs and a video I shot of the car performing them.

http://www.ciwscentral.com/ciws_ctsvdyno.wmv

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Nice runs! :thumbsup:

Look at the A/F ratios though---it's calling to you...

TUNE ME, TUNE ME... :lildevil:

Still have to love how flat the torque curve is.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Z06 has better air intake setup from the TB forward, better exhaust manifolds, exhaust and less parasitic driveline. The V isn't a Z06; it's a Cadillac. :)

Katrina is a great name. :thumbsup:

·
0 Posts
Your pulls are almost indentical to mine when it was bone stock a few weeks ago. Mine was on a dynojet in Cali., where are you from?

1st. pull 329 rwhp / 323 rwt

3rd pull 335 rwhp / 328 rwt

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was at a local place in Lewisville, Texas called HPP Motorsports. A guy I work with has had some serious work done on his Mustang by them, they seem to do a lot of Mustang related work there.
But yeah it sounds like the two cars pulled very close to one another. :)

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
With the Volant and Corsa mine dyno'ed at
340 rwhp
332 rwtq
not very impressive gains for the 2 mods, if any, since this was on 93 octane.
Now I've got to find the time to get the other mods on and check against this baseline.

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
stkshkr said:
With the Volant and Corsa mine dyno'ed at
340 rwhp
332 rwtq
not very impressive gains for the 2 mods, if any, since this was on 93 octane.
Now I've got to find the time to get the other mods on and check against this baseline.
It would be interesting to know how many miles each of you has on your engines. I spent some time last night (gotta get a life, I know) crunching numbers between the two. Numbers are not my strong suit. Maybe StealthV can chime in on this. Here's what I came up with.

Using the assumed and advertised 400HP/395TQ as the base, CIWS's wheel numbers show a 17% drivetrain loss in both which sounds about right.

The [email protected] difference between the two vehicles (8.34 horses) came 2.45%. Adding that ratio back indicates a flywheel gain of 9.8 horses or 409.8. Assuming both cars have the 17% drivetrain loss you can calculate 409.8 to the 340 number and everything seems to add up.

I could not get the torque number to come out as nice. Using the same formula the gain is 2.31 % (7.67 ft/lb) but that balances back to a 404 flywheel/335 wheel ft/lb number, not the 332.
:hide:
I have the Volant and Corsa, too. I'm not particularly disappointed by these numbers. They're real and went the right way. I like the quality, functionality, looks and sound of both.;)

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Me too (Corsa & Volant). The CAI is good for 5-10 HP. The Corsa is good for zero. Guys who don't have an aftermarket exhaust yet: get it if you like the sound; that's about all you'll get from it. If you want performance increases, think headers and cats.

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but is there really zero performance gain from adding an aftermarket exhaust vs the stock that comes on the V ?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
depends CIWS :)
The Corsa fans don't claim big gains. I got exactly 20HP with a CAI and B&B resonator version (that makes what, 10 per)....and BB claimed 7 more with the X-pipe. Zoomers and Magnaflow have posted dyno charts. It more comes down to reading folks opinions about their systems and deciding what "sound" you want. Your area is pretty V-laden, I'm sure you could meet some folks w/ various setups for a real life comparison. You can come down here to drive mine, too :)

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
CIWS -

chances are I'll have a complete B&B system available shortly, headers (sans cats), x-pipe and resonator sections + back half - and the price will be quite low. Won't ship it though, but might meet you half way if you buy the beer :thumbsup: (I'm assuming you're in CA)

WW

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wildwhl said:
CIWS -

Won't ship it though, but might meet you half way if you buy the beer :thumbsup: (I'm assuming you're in CA)

WW
Thanks for the offer dude, but I'm down here in "unseasonally warm" Texas.
I was considering sticking the Corsa exhausts on the car, but if it's really only going to add a sonic difference, I would just a soon save the cash and better spend it on something that will actually help the car's performance, like getting it tuned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts