Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo whats up guys im new here. i just got my license about a month ago and ive been waiting to find my first car since. i found a 99 seville sls for $4950. It looks like its in excellent shape, but it has 140000 miles on it. Im not interested in going on long trips or really even drivin that much, just something for work, practice, and work. i dont think ill have this car over 3 years, so i doubt i could eclipse the 200000 mile mark. CAN you please tell me this is a good idea?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Have a mechanic do a cylinder pressure test to be sure there are no head gasket problems or at least do a coolant exhaust gas test. If it turns out OK, then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
92 Eldorado 95 Cadillac SLS 99 Cadillac SLS 2004 SRX
107 Posts
Have a mechanic do a cylinder pressure test to be sure there are no head gasket problems or at least do a coolant exhaust gas test. If it turns out OK, then you should be good to go.

And if that checks out ok and you maintain the coolant and other normal maintenance you will reach that eclispe mark.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
NEVER a bad idea to take a prospective used purchase to a technician...

AC work??

Shocks feel okay?? Ever been replaced??

Prev owner ever done a fuel pump???

Any serious leaks of anything under the car???

Obviously the head gasket would be the primary concern.... if that's okay, and it seems nice, and well cared for, it could be a great car for you....

Fair warning.... I bought a Cadillac for a winter car back in 1988, and now I'm hopelessly hooked.... they are habit forming...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts