Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS AWD, Luxury, Graphite Metallic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first Cadillac and I didn't mind taking the Tahoe to the car wash but the Caddy, no thanks. I am wondering what is best for cleaning the interior and exterior - products, tips. Never had leather before, worried about what to use and when and worried about what to use on the exterior too. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
First off, congrats on your first Cadillac!!!

I hand wash my cars 80% of the time but have taken my XTS to the car wash several times before...lol, it does no harm to the paint job;) However, I used to feel the same exact way though...

I typically use Mother's and Meguiar's products for washing/waxing...almost anything will work for the wash. For the wax, depends on what you're looking for...I went for the "easy stuff" that you can rub on and buff off in direct sunlight. (think the wax I used was a Meguiar product too) For the leather, I use leather honey...you can get it almost anywhere, I go to Amazon for it. (website - http://www.leatherhoney.com/buy-online/?gclid=CNiKsdmvv8QCFS3l7AodBQ8AZg)

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
LMAO!!! That works too:D

C

·
0 Posts
According to the trims/specifications the only real leather in your luxury trim is the seating surfaces, steering wheel and shifter boot which are urethane/ polyurethane top coated and can be treated the same as the Leatherette/Vinyl else where in the car.
I prefer 303 Aerospace protectant and it is safe to use on all of the other surfaces in the interior.

After washing the car I like to use Adams Polishes Detail Spray while drying the car because it is safe on all of the exterior surfaces, It acts as drying agent and it leaves a beautiful spot free finish.

Any interior stains on the headliner and or upper pillars fabric I prefer to start with Seltzer water because it is not as harsh or strong as other cleaners then I work my way up to other Fabric/Interior cleaners.

Woolite Extra Dark Care works great on the GM Charcoal, Ebony, Jet Black carpets and floor mats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why wouldn't you bring your XTS to a car wash?
I'm afraid of getting "swirls"

----------

First off, congrats on your first Cadillac!!!

I hand wash my cars 80% of the time but have taken my XTS to the car wash several times before...lol, it does no harm to the paint job;) However, I used to feel the same exact way though...

I typically use Mother's and Meguiar's products for washing/waxing...almost anything will work for the wash. For the wax, depends on what you're looking for...I went for the "easy stuff" that you can rub on and buff off in direct sunlight. (think the wax I used was a Meguiar product too) For the leather, I use leather honey...you can get it almost anywhere, I go to Amazon for it. (website - http://www.leatherhoney.com/buy-online/?gclid=CNiKsdmvv8QCFS3l7AodBQ8AZg)
Thanks, I like the idea of the "easy stuff". I hadn't heard of leather honey but I'll check it out

----------

According to the trims/specifications the only real leather in your luxury trim is the seating surfaces, steering wheel and shifter boot which are urethane/ polyurethane top coated and can be treated the same as the Leatherette/Vinyl else where in the car.
I prefer 303 Aerospace protectant and it is safe to use on all of the other surfaces in the interior.

After washing the car I like to use Adams Polishes Detail Spray while drying the car because it is safe on all of the exterior surfaces, It acts as drying agent and it leaves a beautiful spot free finish.

Any interior stains on the headliner and or upper pillars fabric I prefer to start with Seltzer water because it is not as harsh or strong as other cleaners then I work my way up to other Fabric/Interior cleaners.

Woolite Extra Dark Care works great on the GM Charcoal, Ebony, Jet Black carpets and floor mats.
The detail spray and Woolite are the type of things I wouldn't have thought of - exactly why I was asking - thanks CTSChick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again CTSChick...I see its made in the USA too, which is nice. I do appreciate the advice

C

·
0 Posts
That towel or any towel on his site are made in Korea because they no longer make any Microfiber towel in the US anymore.
They have a country of origin symbol displayed on the right side of every page for all of their products though

But you can't lose trying anything from Adams

My personal guarantee is this: if you are not exceptionally satisfied with any Adam's Premium Car Care product,
I will refund your money, plus 10%. I will also replace the item with a like product of your choice. -Adam Pitale (President & Founder)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts