Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I just bought an 03 Seville SLS, great car!!

I took it to the dealer and had some warrenty work completed, right now I have 47,000 miles and 2 weeks to go until the 4 year in service date and my warranty will end. My question is should I purchase another 3 years of warrenty for 2000.00 or are these pretty reliable. The dealer fixed a leaky trunk, an engine vacuum leak and replaced the blower motor. Should I expect anything else other than normal stuff on these??

Thanks for any input you can offer :) :) :)

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
:welcome:
See if your coolant has been changed. If it's original, it's due!
Pull the codes and look for hidden problems that might be covered under warranty. How's the ride? Struts seem okay? Very expensive if out-of-pocket!

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the response, I get alittle shimmy on breaking for on or off ramps and passing thru 60-65 mph, sorry but what do you mean by "pull the codes"?

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
See if you can get it CPO'd - Certified Pre Owned. Some dealers will do this even after you bought the car. Do a search on this and you'll see it's the Cat's Meow of Warranties.

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, sorry, newbie, they did all the codes , thats why they found the vacuum leak on the intake, both sides. Everything was cleared and it passed inspection as well as increased gas milage about 3 mpg. Just wondering of any other warranty issues that would behoove me to get the extended plan??

Thanks again

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Oh, sorry, newbie, they did all the codes , thats why they found the vacuum leak on the intake, both sides. Everything was cleared and it passed inspection as well as increased gas milage about 3 mpg. Just wondering of any other warranty issues that would behoove me to get the extended plan??

Thanks again
Do a search for headgaskets and oil leaks on this forum. The cost of a headgasket replacement alone is more than the entire warranty would cost you, it is WELL worth it on any Cadillac to have the warranty, but particularly on the Northstar ones. I wont drive another Northstar caddy without a warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
If you by the warranty, make sure it is from GM. Many aftermarket warranties have exclusions that will not cover head gaskets.

Check the "sticky" in the Tech Tip section for instructions on pulling codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts