Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all... I'm new to the forums here. Last month my '01 VW GTI that had been riced out in high school got slammed by a mom in a Tahoe, but fortune came from tragedy. I'm now the proud owner of an '06 black/black CTS. It's in great condition all around, 38k miles.

I'm planning on modding it some, but I'll be doing it right this time - Everything clean and thought through. I've already installed the auxiliary cable by cutting the XM out (was kinda hard to tear apart some of my dash a day after taking delivery, but it all went well).

For the most part I'll be searching for answers before re-asking questions around the site, but just wanted to introduce myself. When the weather decides to stay nice here in Champaign for more than a day, I'll take pics and introduce you all to the ride :).

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Congrats on the new car and Welcome to the forum... Kudos on the upgrade from VW to Cadillac as well :thumbsup:

Now just don't go messing with her too much!

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
:welcome: Congrats on the new car. I hope you will be able to join us for the Chicago meet in August.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, in my opinion it'll be a big upgrade. Also +1 to above, check out the Great Lakes section in the regional area to read up about the Caddy meet the last weekend in August in Chicago!

·
Banned
1998 Deville
369 Posts
Hi and WELCOME! I hope you are alright from the wreck. I just wonder how fast the Tahoe hit your VW and you made it out alive. Cars can always be replaced, people can't. Glad you found the forum, there are a lot of helpful people here. Good luck with your new car.

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome: Congrats on the new car. I hope you will be able to join us for the Chicago meet in August.
Thanks... And I'll definitely look into that. Sounds awesome!

I just wonder how fast the Tahoe hit your VW and you made it out alive.
I was at a dead stop and she hit my front passenger corner. She was looking down, ended up hitting me at 25-30 mph. Spun my car a full 90 degrees. Somehow the airbags didn't deploy and both me and my passenger got away without injury, but it was more than enough to total the car.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Greetings and salutations.

Glad to hear you're OK after such an accident! Enjoy the new ride - black/black was always me favorite color combo on the '03 - '07 CTS.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
Hi, Welcome, and congrats on the new Caddy. :thumbsup:

Based on your location, I'm guessing you go to/live near U of I?

Watch out for a nice lookin' red on red '93 Deville, chances are my sister is behind the wheel!

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I was at a dead stop and she hit my front passenger corner. She was looking down, ended up hitting me at 25-30 mph. Spun my car a full 90 degrees. Somehow the airbags didn't deploy and both me and my passenger got away without injury, but it was more than enough to total the car.
It is actually very common for airbags to not deploy in many accidents. There are a lot of cases where airbags can do more harm than good if they do deploy.

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Welcome, and congrats on the new Caddy. :thumbsup:

Based on your location, I'm guessing you go to/live near U of I?

Watch out for a nice lookin' red on red '93 Deville, chances are my sister is behind the wheel!
Yeah, I both live and go to school here... I'll keep my eye out on campus and honk if I ever see her cruisin' around. She'll have no idea what I'm doing :)

It is actually very common for airbags to not deploy in many accidents. There are a lot of cases where airbags can do more harm than good if they do deploy.
Yeah, I hear ya... Cars that old usually spend their last breath deploying the airbags, but it was totaled anyways so it didn't really matter. And I'm guessing best-case scenario if your airbag deploys is that you come out feeling like you were haymakered by a gorilla.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts