Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just bought a 98 STS and wanted to find out more about the caddy. Imagine the surprise when I stumbled upon your forum. So many great members who offer help and what a treasure of information. I just had to join. I am not much of a DIY as I do not have much time so with my problem solved on reading previous posts, I could talk to the mechanic at GM with more confidence. WHAT A CAR. I never thought I would ever own a caddy...mostly european cars and Japanese imports. The ride, handling and mostly the power on this 4 door sedan was amazing. I have owned many cars but I have to say, the caddy holds its own and one car that I take pride and pleasure in driving. Keep up the good work and also Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Hey rxyap - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Tell us a little more about your STS - color, condition, mileage...stuff like that. And thanks for the kind words about our Community... :D

Thanks for registering! :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. As I mentioned, its a 98 STS, black on black and the condition was excellent. It did have a few minor things broken...eg:power outlet cover on passenger side, rear view mirror buttons etc but overall everything works. I guess I could go to the dealer or even the breakers to find these minor parts. The problem I had was over heating on high speeds but as I found out, it was a stuck Tsat...having it done on Tuesday at the dealer. By the way the mileage is about 107k miles. The dealer whom I bought it off said the previous owner did most of it on the highway. I checked with carfax and the maintainence record from another dealership and it just had a waterpump replacement not too long ago...the rest of the service record was clean...with all regular maintainence work done. It was love at first drive.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up.. Sounds like you've got yourself a nice car! I'd love one of those newer-styled STS's! When you get some time, post pictures in our image section. Okay?

Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey Rx...welcome. I recently acquired a 1999 SLS...also black on black with chrome rims...very pimp-daddy :cool:

Welcome to the board. I am also a new member here, but I've already found this site to be informative and fun. :welcome:

As soon as the weather clears and I get the car washed and waxed I will post pics. You should do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx Everyone,

will try to post some pics when I hav sometime. Had a very busy christmas and new year. Come January I am going to be very busy with work, however, I will post some pics. Once again Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts