Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 2002 SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy- Folks
I'm green on this site, but I think I'm gonna like it! Some really neat info and knowledgable folks here!!!! I've a pretty dumb question and am almost ashamed to ask it, but- What is the firing order on the coil pacs on a 95 SLS? My wires are not marked, and I want to change them and the plugs ( If I can figure out how to get to them!) O/W the Northster is a great engine, IMHO.
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
586 Posts
i dont know the order... but to get to them, just take the plastic cover off the top of the motor.

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 2002 SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, sorry to sound so dumb, but I know how to get to the wires- what I don't know is how to get to the back plugs, and neither do I know the firing sequence. i.e- from left to right, looking from the front, in what order do the wires go to the plugs?

·
Registered
586 Posts
to get to the back, there are 4 bolts holding the coil pack thing on, unbolt them, and disconnect the lead ires to the packs. then you can look rught back and see them, its actuallt quite easy. this car was the fastest plug change i ever did.

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 2002 SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You the MAN!!! I'll pull the coil pac thingie and hopefully get the plugs- Thanks

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 2002 SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ACKsiMco3
You are right- easiest plug change I've ever done--!!!
Thanks a lot for the info- I'd never figured out how to get to the plugs!
Jeff

·
Registered
1995 SLS, 2002 SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Katshot- the diagram was great- 20 minutes and the plug change and wires done!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I know many engines have the firing order cast into the intake manifold but I'm not sure if the Northstar has it anywhere. Just for your info though, the firing order is as follows:
1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8
It is unique to the GM engine line which generally uses the standard 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jeffb said:
ACKsiMco3
You are right- easiest plug change I've ever done--!!!
Thanks a lot for the info- I'd never figured out how to get to the plugs!
Jeff

you're welcome

:)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I ran out to the garage to check for the firing order on the Allante. It's cast onto the end of the rear cam cover of the Northstar engine, on the passenger side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Katshot said:
I know many engines have the firing order cast into the intake manifold but I'm not sure if the Northstar has it anywhere. Just for your info though, the firing order is as follows:
1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8
It is unique to the GM engine line which generally uses the standard 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Good ol 18436572....... Oh man, that brings back memories from redoing the plugs on a boat.......!

I wish it only took me 20 mins to do the plugs....... Took me 5-6hours........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts