Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need red caliper to go with my new red engine covers, does anyone know where I can purchase OEM already painted? I dont have the time to have mine taken off painted and put back on, also need to start looking into 3rd set of rear tires, I want to go to 295 this time(any rubbing?), need tires to look like the original fronts because I had Toyo V patern and to many people noticed they look different....thanks for any help you guys!!

Dean

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
295's will rub like crazy in the front. I think the biggest you can go in the front is 255 if I remember correctly.

As far as the calipers, if you want to get red ones without downing the car I'd buy a used set off Ebay or from Parts and send them to get painted/powdercoated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want 295 in front:thepan: I want them in back but have same patern as the fronts do, will they fit on OEM rims? who makes them with same patern...thanks

I like the idea of used from e-bay...thanks again

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Many tire companies make the same tread for a larger size.. Check Tirerack.com to see if the same the same name brand/style as your fronts is available in the larger size for the rears.. As for how big, I'm not sure if a 295 will fit??

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The biggest tire you can fit on a stock rim is a 275, and you'll actually end up with less of a contact patch and tons of rollover with a 275 on an 8.5" rim. If you want the most traction and a beefier look, go with 265 or 255 in back.

Unless you're going to widen the rear wheels, don't go any bigger than this.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
good info, I have 255 now, still not big enough, so where are the guys running 295 getting wider stock rims from? do they make ours in wider, what would I need 9,9.5,10 ?

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS 295-45-18 are these any good ?

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
I think StealthV painted his Calipers red while they were on the car with LOTS of masking.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Dean,
For safety concerns and performance issues, you need at least a 10" rim to go with 295. Here is a tire calculator which will offer recommended rim widths based on desired tire size, compare stock tire height/diameter vs. your new set-up, etc...

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts