Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3277 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
Looks nice enough - apart from the obvious (not my idea of "mint" though) as, while damaged/missing fillers here would be a big see it's no-no (unless it was "spares or repair"/restoration project) as I understand it they'd just be reflected in the price for you.

While I was, just about, persuaded that velour was part of the style/character of a '70's Cadddy, by '86 it was a bit passe, BUT, at the price, I can see it's tempting.

b-t-w, what's with the "limited edition"?

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
2 Posts
Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

Have a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham with 69,615 miles and in excellent condition. Located in California. Would appreciate your help. Can supply pictures. replies/ interest: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Aaaah, NOW I see it :)

Now this is the kind of car that would cause me a problem: can't stand the color (very personal/subjective) BUT, at that price . . . (although a little wary of the sudden $700 reduction)

·
Registered
2008 DTS 1980 CDV. Past 1990 Bro. 1981 SDV diesel
360 Posts
These don’t bring squat in our part of the world. Everyone wants a $2500 rolling masterpiece. The cars that are out there for that money Are rattletraps in need of every system serviced. Nobody wants to pay a decent price for a car that all it needs is a driver. On the bright side, nothing rust here the way they do up north.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Just knew I should've spent more time in the Carolinas (dry states within spitting distance of an E. coast port) - but road trips are a bit like "If this is Tuesday, it must be Belgium"

Of course, by the time I manage to get back, they'll have become collectible & out of my price range, seen it happen so often before.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham, 1990 Brougham d'elgance 1979 Coupe
1,196 Posts
I need to move my 1980 CDV. It’s one of those southern no rust cars. As my experience has been is that when you have resources & time there are no suitable cars.... then the opposite when you’re broke.
I have my eye on a 87 Brougham, Mint with 18,000 verifiable miles for 6000$, just cant really swing it or justify it right now.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Larry, that's a real bad habit you got. Maybe you should stop looking when you're not in a position to proceed.

Hmmmm, $6000, that's about the going rate for one of these cars over here, nice ones start at £7500 - & go well north of five figures. Clearly I need to make some space & come over on a serious shopping expedition - before their true worth is realised & I can't afford one.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham, 1990 Brougham d'elgance 1979 Coupe
1,196 Posts
Larry, that's a real bad habit you got. Maybe you should stop looking when you're not in a position to proceed.

Hmmmm, $6000, that's about the going rate for one of these cars over here, nice ones start at £7500 - & go well north of five figures. Clearly I need to make some space & come over on a serious shopping expedition - before their true worth is realised & I can't afford one.

Im addicted to Cadillacs and pretty women, cant afford eighter one, lucky to have a cold beer.

Ive alaways liked the Olds powered cars, if I didnt have so many projects going on Id figure out a way too get the car.

https://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-cadillac-fleetwood/6377066788.html

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Hi Larry, I did try to post a reply before but summat went wrong & it disappeared into the ether, self-destructed - or whatever. Then I was kinda busy what with Christmas coming - & a leaking thermostat housing (see elsewhere).

There are worse addictions, that cost more - & not just in monetary terms. Yours (ours?) are, really, quite harmless. Yup, i see the attraction, especially of that particular specimen - although that ridiculous mileage would present problems of it own. For my part, I'd be scared to drive it, for fear of reducing its value - & where's the fun in that?

Please don't spoil my Christmas with reminders about "projects" - plenty of time for that in the New Year.

Have a couple of cold ones over the festive period - & dream about what 2018 might bring.

Merry Christmas :xsmile:

3241 - 3260 of 3277 Posts