Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3277 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
If it's an ex-museum car that's quite possible but THAT low a mileage brings it's own problems (like all those seals & hoses are the originals!).

If it's a museum car, how did it end up where it is, being sold so cheap - by the sort of person who clearly has their own problems?

Shame, 'cos otherwise I'd be interested, even with the still poor present exchange rate - & the shipping costs, duty & tax.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
yeah, for that low miles it's suspect. The posting does say it's well documented so I wonder...Maybe my wife will let me go take a look at it...

·
Registered
1983 FWB (Mac), 1981 SDV (Junkyard Dog)
734 Posts
Paul, there's one or two things that don't quite support a 22,000 original mile claim. The bumper rubber strips look to be quite beaten up. The front license plate panel is very rusty. Whilst the factory didn't put a lot of black paint on the parts that were supposed to be black, this one is rustier than one would expect. And why has the right high beam headlight deteriorated so badly? There also appears to be rust on the bottom edge of the one door that is shown open.
One would need to see lots more photos of an higher resolution before presenting an offer for this car. Needed would be close up photos of all the doors and weather strips, hood and trunk open, interior detail pix too (I think I see rust coming through the carpet at the gas pedal mounting pins. The engine rooms in those cars can be a nightmare of rotten and broke vacuum hoses, engine belts, coolant hoses etc. etc ad nauseum. It appears to be a plane-Jane equipped car as well and who likes battleship grey? Not my first choice.

Cheers................R.

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
Robin - perhaps the "If" at the start of my first 2 paras. should've been in caps?!

Must admit I didn't look at it that closely - too many warning signs! That said, your advice is sound & I'm grateful.

Actually I DO quite like battleship grey (STS1 is dark grey, although the factory wouldn't forgive me for describing it so, chosen because it is even rarer than blue - at least here) & I think it does suit the model (the ex-Ugandan ambassador's Fleetwood was dark grey, looked fabulous but there was something decidedly dodgy about the whole advert).

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood 1996 Roadmaster, 1995 Trans Am
47 Posts
Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

Hello, I have decided to sell my 1995 Fleetwood after 6 years of careful ownership. It was purchased new in Phoenix AZ. by some snowbirds from DM Iowa. They would winter in AZ then return to Iowa in the spring. I purchased the car after the elderly gentleman passed away, and the wife decided she would stay near family in DM. She purchased a mini-van because she didn't like driving the big car anymore. (It was her husband's baby).
The car has never been driven in snow/salt, I have put around 10k miles on it, it currently has 65,800 miles. I have always kept it inside, driving it only in nice weather. It is not a Brougham, it is a Std. Fleetwood with a Desert Package installed by the dealer, this Pkg. consists of Gold trim, canvas roof in saddle, tinted windows, paint, chrome, and interior sealant, and a nicely done painted pinstripe job. It has light colored leather interior, this car is very clean, runs and drives great. The body is very straight, absolutely no rust. It has a few minor blemishes, typical crinkled body side trim, a few minor scratches/scuffs, all the stainless lower trim is excellent. Nothing has been modified on this car it is 100% stock.
I have decided that I would offer it here first because I want it to go to a Cadillac person, who will love it for what it is, and hopefully not turn it into a Donk/Lowrider!
I will advertise it locally, and may consider going nation wide after that. I am located in eastern Nebraska, near Omaha.
I am asking $6500, if you are interested I would like to hear from you, I am an honest seller who has nothing to hide on this honest car. PM me here and I will provide a phone # or leave your # and I will call. Thanks Greg

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
1991 Brougham d`Elegance for sale

I'm selling my 91 Brougham

1991 Brougham d`Elegance
$4,750
Catskill NY

1991 Brougham d`Elegance 5.7L - 147,000 miles / Solid driver
  • Lowered with Eibach springs
  • Bilstein shocks
  • New exhaust
  • Fresh full tune-up
  • All new filters, air, oil, fuel, breather, etc
  • New Hawk brakes
  • Fresh transmission service (drain and fill)
  • A few other minor things have been replaced as well
  • Factory springs and spindles included
This is a FL car and is very clean underneath. It needs a new top and will need tires before the end of the season. The car is a very nice solid driver at the right price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
2 Posts
1994 Fleetwood Broughm FS

I joined forum with sadness in my heart as I must part with my beautiful Fleetwood, I owned and operated resale shop and computer repair business and after 8 years of struggle was forced to close doors last July, been without income since. I bought my 94 Fleetwood a few months before closing my business, it has been a pure joy to own and I hope it goes to someone who will continue to perfect it as it deserves nothing less. I paid $6k for it and have spent several thousand more since then, it had 65k when purchased.

1994 Fleetwood Brougham 72k stunning triple blue, it did not have a moonroof so the first thing I did was take it to Erickson's and had it done right, looks totally factory in and out and best of all retains the rear vanity mirrors, also added is Kenwood head unit with navigation, secondary alarm system with remote start, I have the original radio and nothing has been modified including the original speaker system which has not been touched, next I replaced the front shocks with stock AC Delco units and had the Optispark serviced and while in there a new water pump and pump connector shaft, next I had the AC system looked at because it seemed weak so a new compressor was installed, next I had the trunk pull down motor rebuilt and new switch installed, the only thing left to make it mechanically perfect is exhaust manifold gaskets and those are to be replaced in a week or so other than that this is one hell of nice Fleetwood that only needs a new owner.

The interior is darn near mint, I redyed the drivers seat on the outside edge and it turned out perfect, the passenger seat not so much on the color match but I will correct it before you see it. The underside of this Fleetwood is very nice, frame and floors all really clean, I undercoated everything with Corrosion Free 3000 before winter and then stored the car in a garage, the paint shines like the sun but has a few bumps and bruises consistent with being owned by older folks, it is nothing terrible and could be refurbed by any good bodyshop, the front fender trim pieces are peeling like all I have ever seen, only the passenger side strip needs immediate attention, the tires are like new and rims are good but a couple have some weird staining on them? it did not come with a spare but I have recently purchased a mint original rim just need a tire for it. All options and all added options work flawlessly and I cannot think of anything that needs repair, this car runs and drives perfect, tight and powerful as meant to be. I have tried to disclose every little detail as best as I can and think it is one the nicest I have ever seen even with the nit picky flaws.

I do not think anyone who takes the time to see this car will be dissappointed and once you drive it you will want to buy it. Shoot me a PM I am easy to work with and am available 24-7

I am asking $6500 for it and do not think I could accept any less than that considering what I have done to it so i am pretty firm on price.

I am working on pictures, need to figure out how to resize as they won't upload at current size.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,695 Posts
As most of you know, my 1981 Fleetwood Brougham coupe is up for sale. It's in Ottawa Canada. I can deliver it between Montreal and Toronto if needed. I have no problem dropping it off in upstate NY for shipping to anywhere in the US.

Don't worry about it being a Canadian car, it wasn't winter driven, and it was oil sprayed. The floors are perfect.

$4300 US. Try and find a better one for a price close to this!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1287994025&edited=true&posted=true&adActivated=true

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jayoldschool/media/Cadillac/DSC_0089_zpsro9hzqzo.jpg.html

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jayoldschool/media/Cadillac/DSC_0088_zpsm3kjerci.jpg.html

·
Registered
2008 DTS 1980 CDV. Past 1990 Bro. 1981 SDV diesel
360 Posts
I wished I could've found this a couple years earlier when I purchased mine. That is an amazing car for the money.
As most of you know, my 1981 Fleetwood Brougham coupe is up for sale. It's in Ottawa Canada. I can deliver it between Montreal and Toronto if needed. I have no problem dropping it off in upstate NY for shipping to anywhere in the US.

Don't worry about it being a Canadian car, it wasn't winter driven, and it was oil sprayed. The floors are perfect.

$4300 US. Try and find a better one for a price close to this!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1287994025&edited=true&posted=true&adActivated=true

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jayoldschool/media/Cadillac/DSC_0089_zpsro9hzqzo.jpg.html

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jayoldschool/media/Cadillac/DSC_0088_zpsm3kjerci.jpg.html

3221 - 3240 of 3277 Posts