Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a V!! It is so sick. My paint clear coat has alot of minor scratches (sand in sponge, or too abrasive of a sponge was used by previous owner). I want to thank everyone who helped me, and sorry for sometimes asking repetitive questions. The cags is really a nuisance. Im saving up for mods as we speak. First tint. Ill go from there :stirpot: . I want a Corsa...but 1000?....Anyone got one they want to sell for a good price ILL BUY IT.

Other things I noticed - The intake gets reallt freaking HOT. - Would wraping it in duck tape or using that cloth/tape people put on there intakes sometimes....help with the heat at all???????

I hear the whine, its very slight, and it disappears at like 80 then restarts at like 84...should I be prepared for this to get worse? - meaning is it the end of my diff?

I want to maybe get a dash kit (aluminum -brushed -like the type surrounding airbag on steering wheel)...anyone with one where did you get it/was it worth it/and does it look sleek and OEM.

Anyone figure out how to get rid of ROTOR RUST - I live in florida so its pretty bad.

Also want an LS6 badge like the type on carmotorsports.com

If anyone has extras of anything I might wanna buy it, considering I am on a students budget - so mods will come slow - and buying slightly used is okay by me. So if you got extras of stuff, I may buy it.

BTW - Already KILLED a 99 2 door MERC - i had T/c OFF so I bunny hopped through first and almost all of second. - But I just whooped him - he ran away to fast for me to put another one on him! :sneaky:

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Congrats on the V, Have fun and try not to get any (too many)tickets.:D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
Congratulations on the car, big thing is be carefull with the wheel hop. If it starts to hop, let off.... Wheel hop is a killer and wheel hoping through 1st and most of 2nd will get you into a new diff pretty quick. Not trying to ruin your fun, but letting her hop is very hard on anything, and more so on the V.. Enjoy your new ride..:yup:

Bill

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Call your local dealer ASAP and have the cradle bushings installed, or wait until you need the new diff and then have them do it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes well I know you all will probably laugh but......it ran 13.9 with 55 shot....My first car got me hooked, but the V is gonna be 10 times more fun, shitty part is I dont have the money I did to invest, cause I spent so much on the car it self this time round....but it was waay worth it....:alchi:

·
Registered
294 Posts
so which one did you get?

also get a cold air intake. you can feel the diff it makes, and it's not too expensive. Cags eliminator from StealthV is a must.

·
Registered
294 Posts
beats me, but it's probably in the sticky at the top. I got the only that was available at the time. Since I already have it, I haven't spent any time trying to understand the differences between them all.

was the tallahassee car the black w/o roof or the other one w/roof?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts