Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1999 DeVille Concours
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few years, I've owned a '99 D'Elegance and for some reason, I just looked at with disdain as it sat in the driveway. Granted, it was nice looking and ran well for the miles (141k) but there were little problems here and there that kept popping up, most notably the electrical system shorting and having to have the wires replaced more than once. I've never been a fan of the column shifter and the disappointment I had driving this car after being behind the wheel of a Concours was unbearable. Granted, it would go if you gassed it hard enough but at the end of the day, it just felt like something was missing. A few weeks back, I found a one-owner black Concours for sale in Indianapolis and I fell in love with it. Granted, it had more miles (158k) but in was in near perfect shape. The interior looked brand new. The engine ran smoothly. No knocks, no burning of any liquids, no smoky exhaust. The coolant was clean. There was a decent dent in the trunk lid and it had started to rust. So I was able to talk the dealer down to $3000 including a warranty. I've never been able to get a warranty on a car with this kind of mileage. He said that he's never had a car on his lot that ran as well as this one with the mileage. I wanted to believe it so I took it for a test drive. The extra HP is noticeable, in my opinion. The cleaner looking interior, floor shifter, analog gauges, better sound system. It was gorgeous. I drove back to the lot and handed him the money. Flash forward to present, I have had the trunk lid repainted and the windows tinted. I plan to have stainless exhaust tips welded on here shortly. All I can say is the difference between the Concours and D'Elegance is night and day. If you've never had the pleasure of leaving a Honda or Toyota in the dust while being behind the wheel of an old-school Deville, please find a Concours and you'll understand. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. Had new Michelins installed a few days ago and it made a world of difference.

Just figured I'd throw a little story out there as my intro to the board. I will always be a GM fan, regardless of what people say.

Shane

1 - 1 of 1 Posts