Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Red 08 CTS4 3.6DI
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During one year driving the car I had once the CEL light on (dealer found no code stored), a faulty tire pressure sensor, unconfortable driver seat, sometimes misleading GPS, replaced bulbs, replaced drivers seatbelt and more. After fixing the problems I was able to sell the car and am really lucky that I've got rid of the high fuel consumpting car. The car never felt like having the claimed amount of hp and the consumption of less then 19.3 mpg outside cities was bad. I enjoed the great sound system, as well as the very nice interiour and some of other luxury things. But I have never been lucky from day 1 on.

Also, as an owner of a performance shop we wanted to enhance the cars power as well as appearance. But the engine is already at it's top possible performance. Any add-ons produced a placebo-effect and charging the engine seems not to be of luck due the DI system that is not able to handle the additional pressure.

All in all, goodbye to everyone and good luck with your cars.

Greetings from sunny Switzerland
Robby

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
I've had my share of problems as well, but they were all covered under warranty and not enough to make me want to sell my car (at least not yet). It really doesn't sound like that big of a deal when a bad tire pressure monitor was one of your biggest complaints...that's like selling the car because you got a flat tire. If the problems were reoccurring, I'd understand, but you didn't replace pressure monitorS or seat beltS...it was just a one time deal. Comfortable seats is definitely a personal preference though. Bad gas mileage and didn't feel like 304hp? You did do your research before buying the car, didn't you? You do know how much these things weigh? I'm just confused that you own a performance shop and didn't know any of this?

Well, I hope you find something that works better for you. I also hope the new owner has better luck...maybe we'll see them on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts