Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my V for 2 months now, and I bought the car because of its nearly spotless interior. The exterior on the other hand...not so much. After I had the headlights restored, I bought a Porter Cable RO, some Lake Country pads, a ton of Meguiars, and then parked it out at the this weekend's Coffee & Rides.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/derrichdotcom/5674443220/sizes/l/in/set-72157626493572877/

Here's the link to the whole album. Didn't take as many pics as I wanted to, but met alot of great people out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/derrichdotcom/sets/72157626493572877/

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
24 Posts
That looks great! Do you have any before pictures to show how bad it was when you started? I got my V in January, started stripping the wax the first weekend the weather was nice and found out that someone detailed the car and didn't have a clue what they were doing. It looked like someone dropped the pad in sand and proceeded to make multiple passes over the entire car. I worked on it with a friend for 18ish hours with my FLEX and his PC. We were able to get most of the swirls out, but in really bright sunlight you can still see a few imperfections that were just too deep to get out with the stuff we were using. It is acceptable now, but not quite the end result I was aiming for. I'm going to go back over mine with a more aggressive pad and compound later this summer to try to get it looking perfect again.

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
211 Posts
Your V looked fantastic, I really need to get out and spend some quality time with mine and attempt to detail her like you did yours. Great shots of the event, that Camaro was fugly!!!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any before pictures to show how bad it was when you started?
I've got some somewhere. They don't really show the swirls and scratches, but you can see the difference. I'll see what I can find.

Your V looked fantastic, I really need to get out and spend some quality time with mine and attempt to detail her like you did yours. Great shots of the event, that Camaro was fugly!!!
Thanks! And my son liked that Camaro, so I felt obligated to snap some shots of it. LOL!

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
509 Posts
That looks like it was a great turnout. Lots of incredible rides there. I'd like to see some more shots of that LS3 fiero... talk about a shift cart with carpet and a roof...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis
906 Posts
i love my porter cable RO from autogeek i have it with light cut to no cut pads and use Klasse all-in-one paint sealant after i use 3m cleaner wax or scratch X.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts