Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my first race this morning, against an 04-05 STi. The guy pulled out behind me and had to ride behind me for about 10 miles before the road opened to a 4 lane. I noticed his huge intercooler upfront as he was riding behind me. Yeah, i got a little nervous.
We finally reach the 4 lane and he stayed behind so when I let my guard down, he guns it and comes around me. I was in third(should've been in second), gunned it and pulled even with him but a railroad crossing is coming and a red light he had to stop at was coming too, so I let him go.
I pulled up beside him and he rolls down his window, all smiles like I couldnt keep up with him, we make small talk and the light changes. At this light you gotta turn either left or right, so we make a left turn side by side, and we cant go until we straighten out, taking away is AWD launch.
Once we get pointed in the right direction, both creeping in 1st gear, I let him start first, then I nail it. 1st gear pulls my rear to his front, I chirp a hard 2nd pull another length, by the time a hit fourth and look back I'm maybe 4-5 car lengths before he flashes his lights and gives up. He catches up, gives me a thumbs up, and kept going.
Sorry for the long post, I'm still excited and I'm still learning to drive this car. I'm glad I didn't have to launch. I love the way the clutch stays down near the floor when you are WOT, what is that, just a typical racing clutch?
Now I just need my first death so I won't think I'm invincible.:want:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
great kill! Those turbo'd cars are very quick. They are light weight and AWD so it's tought. Just be carefull of them sometimes they have a 75 or 100 of NOS and then there is trouble.

Good one though.

Oh race a LS1 and you will loos the invincible attitude.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
GOOD KILL! That first kill is always awesome, butterflys, adernaline and HAPPINESS! I want a V bad! Wife won't drive 6 speed.
All wheel drive is tough. Those thing launch HARD! From a roll they are still tough so you did good!!

An ls1 car as in a WS6 with Cam, headers exhaust and 100 shot...I wouldn't know anyone like that...:wes:
You should put a Mccleod twin disk in that. I love mine in my LS1 and it will work in the V. One word of caution, that clutch will hurt a weak rearend. I broke two Moser 12 bolts with mine.

I love smashing imports, as I am sure most Caddy owners do!
I am very GM brand loyal. I would rather drive a Citation or Sunbird before an import. Stupid? Maybe. Stick to my guns? Yes!!
Again, Good Kill on a worthy opponent!

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh race a LS1 and you will loos the invincible attitude.[/quote]

I know about the LS1. My brother had a Z28 with one, 6spd, that I drove a lot. That car was fast. He bought it used and we always speculated something extra was done to it internally, maybe a cam, tune, I dunno.
It would destroy other Z's. And he's still kicking himself in the butt for selling it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Maybe I'm confused, LS1? Obviously you mean a heavily modded ls1...i had a c5 vette and ss camaro both with ls1 engines (stock) and neither were as quick as my ls6 v. most people I know made an ls6 intake their first mod on the ls1...

I would think an apples to apples modded ls6 would be better than the ls1...but jmho. Now the weight delta and rear end definately favors the f body, but the luxury/fit & finish/room and just about every other category favors the ctsv

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sure your V is a lot nicer than an F-body.
But M6 LS1 cars, Vette or F-body run right on par with V's.
Vs run anywhere from 12.90 to 13.30 bone stock.
My 98 Z28 ran 13.22 at 107.45 MPH
My 00 WS6 ran 13.17 at 108.02 MPH in 90 degree heat
My 01 Z28 ran 12.92 at 110.03
These are all stock times and while the 12 is not common the other two are.

Of course a Modded a LS6 is better than an a Modded LS1 but when you look at the Power to the wheels in an F-body vs a V they are usually within 20 to 40 HP of each other. Factor in weight and a Solid rear axle you have a very good race.
Have you ever actually been to the track or are you just going off of Seat of the pants?

You need to check out LS1tech if you think that an M6 Corvette time wise on the 1320 is slower than a V.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Just for some comparison. My 01 Z28 dynoed 312 RWHP and 345 Ft/lbs of torque bone stock
Here it is a with an 80 dollar SLP lid and paper filter, you figure 10 RWHP for the lid and about 1 mph.

You must have had a slow Corvette and F-body...
I am the left lane this slip is laminated, that is why it has the break in it, it is folded in half.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I said this in the other thread, the CTS-V and a late F body car will be neck and neck (stock to stock). Drivers race really.

Oh, and good kill!

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said this in the other thread, the CTS-V and a late F body car will be neck and neck (stock to stock). Drivers race really.

Oh, and good kill!
That's the thing, all of the late model F bodies riding around my area aren't stock! But I am, for right now.

That's why I won't be challenging any of them no time soon. But don't get me wrong, if I happen to end up beside one at a stop light, in a safe place with no traffic around, then I gotta do what I gotta do!
I'll go down with a smile on my face, I'm not a sore loser.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I will tell you what humbled me once...
I was in the T/A full bottle, pressure was at 1100 psi, 120 shot jets in.
Cam, headers, exhaust, LID, some sususpesion crap...12.20s at 117.xx mph on street tires and 3.42 gears.
A Mid 80's El camino, primered and three diffrent colors. Sounded alright looked like shit. He through me a rev, so it is on.
Light turns green by 3rd gear he has bus lenghts on me...I was like WTF?

Talked to the guy, warmed over 572 Crate motor. Nice!

It is better to have raced and lost then to never have raced at all...

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
25 Posts
Nice Kill!!!

Those STI's are strong from a dig, but they seems to lack top end power, my friends STI feels super faster to like 75 then it hits a wall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts