Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Very nice stance. Did you enjoy the ride and handling better than stock?
Did u upgrade the sway bars?
It rides pretty much close to stock. I would say 90%. No I did not upgrade the sway bars.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
211 Posts
I'm looking to lower mine with the MG 2/3 kit as well. One question is who did the work? You? A dealer or independent shop? If you did it, how hard was it and if someone else, about how much (if you don't mind) did the work run you?

Appreciate the feedback,
Dave

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm looking to lower mine with the MG 2/3 kit as well. One question is who did the work? You? A dealer or independent shop? If you did it, how hard was it and if someone else, about how much (if you don't mind) did the work run you?

Appreciate the feedback,
Dave
I dont have a clue how to do it, so I went to a few places. Most places like Les Schwab will NOT do it, unless you buy lowering kits from them! So keep that in mind.

I ended up going to a local "import" independent shop who did it for $200. Its a shop that works a lot on import cars selling bodykits, accessories, lowering cars, etc

They ended up lowering both of my trucks and it turned out great! Took them about 4 hours to do one, because it was only 1 guy doing it. They even trimmed all the inner plastics that rubs, and grinded the bolt so I can still put on the stock 17s in the winter. All in all, if you get the kit, flip the yellow pages and ask them if they would install, rather than driving around wasting your time.

After lowering, I wait for about a week of driving for it to settle in, and go get an alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The WD and the Black EXT looks hot! My wife also have a WD and would like to drop it. What's the size of the tires and rims on the WD? She bought 24 inch Lexani Crystals on ebay (24x10) but looking for the right size tires to use. She also plan on buying the 2/3" McGaughys kit.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the compliments guys. :thumbsup:

The tire sizes on both are 305/35/24s. They are both lowered 2/3".

As for the 24s on the WD, got them off ebay for around $2500 shipped with tires! They are called Mazzi Krank.

Because that style of rim goes up to the edge, people tend to think they are 26s!! If you look at the pics, they look a lot bigger than the one on the Black EXT as you can see, and they are both 24s.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts