Cadillac Owners Forum banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS4
42 Posts
Here are the photos again posted on Flickr. This is with the trimmed plastic cover. I got the proper cover from a 2013 car with DRL from a fellow member here but hadn’t got the chance to install them yet.
9005 harness spliced
ATS by tanayast, on Flickr
Before (stock):
Removing plastic cover, clips from behind:
Wiring:
Trimming the plastic cover:
After:

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Luxury RWD, 2017 Corvette Z06/Z07, 2006 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
92 Posts
Looks good, thanks for all the great info in this thread!
This will be the second MOD done on my 2013. The first is going to be Reverse Light LEDs, as soon as they show up at my doorstep.

·
Registered
2013 ATS4
42 Posts
I replaced my reverse light with LED and it helped a lot! Now I'm saying this because:
(1) I prefer backing in to park (including in my garage)
(2) I rarely use the backup camera, I'm still the look-behind and rearview-mirror kind of driver.

This being said, the super bright LED does leave some glare on the rearview camera although not too distracting.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Luxury RWD, 2017 Corvette Z06/Z07, 2006 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
92 Posts
I replaced my reverse light with LED and it helped a lot! Now I'm saying this because:
(1) I prefer backing in to park (including in my garage)
(2) I rarely use the backup camera, I'm still the look-behind and rearview-mirror kind of driver.

This being said, the super bright LED does leave some glare on the rearview camera although not too distracting.
I noticed the same effect when i upgraded mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ATS CADILLAC 2016
12 Posts
Can you tell me the part # and be specific about the mod? i am trying to add the mirror turn signal to my car, but i dont have the wires not harness need help with the wires and stuff??

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,574 Posts
Can you tell me the part # and be specific about the mod? i am trying to add the mirror turn signal to my car, but i dont have the wires not harness need help with the wires and stuff??
Mirror turn signal? You don't have that on your car? I thought they all had that? That should be an easy find when you get behind the light. Sorry I don't have the colored wires but a lighted wire tester would be an easy way to find that. It might be listed in the fuse box to the left of your steering wheel also. The wire coming out would be the one to tap into.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Mirror turn signal? You don't have that on your car? I thought they all had that? That should be an easy find when you get behind the light. Sorry I don't have the colored wires but a lighted wire tester would be an easy way to find that. It might be listed in the fuse box to the left of your steering wheel also. The wire coming out would be the one to tap into.
I just saw other cars without the blinkers in the mirror. I didn't know.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
1,127 Posts
I just saw other cars without the blinkers in the mirror. I didn't know.
I was surprised by that too. A guy I work with bought an ATS and when I parked next to him in the lot I noticed it was just a black plastic cover where the signal should be. Mirror signals are one of those little things that I feel a luxury brand should have on every single car that leaves their factory, no exception (same thing with the SIGNATURE LED light blades, yet here we are).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I was surprised by that too. A guy I work with bought an ATS and when I parked next to him in the lot I noticed it was just a black plastic cover where the signal should be. Mirror signals are one of those little things that I feel a luxury brand should have on every single car that leaves their factory, no exception (same thing with the SIGNATURE LED light blades, yet here we are).
I agree. Is his a standard trim without the cue?I know the luxury like the one I had all had them in 2013. I could have sworn they all had blinkers in the mirror. I mean it's so cheap for a manufacturer to just have them all the same. I would think it would cost more to have different mirrors without blinker slots. Weird. And the light blades should also be on every car. That's caddy signature stuff.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
1,127 Posts
I agree. Is his a standard trim without the cue?I know the luxury like the one I had all had them in 2013. I could have sworn they all had blinkers in the mirror. I mean it's so cheap for a manufacturer to just have them all the same. I would think it would cost more to have different mirrors without blinker slots. Weird. And the light blades should also be on every car. That's caddy signature stuff.
I'm pretty sure his is Luxury trim. It's a 2017. He has CUE, door unlock buttons on the door handles, but no light blades. I know typically that would mean Luxury trim unless something changed that year. He does not have the Cold Weather Package, so no heated mirrors. Maybe that factors in?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'm pretty sure his is Luxury trim. It's a 2017. He has CUE, door unlock buttons on the door handles, but no light blades. I know typically that would mean Luxury trim unless something changed that year. He does not have the Cold Weather Package, so no heated mirrors. Maybe that factors in?
That's weird . My 13 luxury had the blinkers and cold weather package. No light blades. Had Cue, heated mirrors. I knew the standard ones didnt have somethings like cue and such but I thought all had blinkers in the mirror. Well I was thinking all he has to do is look at the harness in the door panel and the plug should be right there. Test a couple wires and that's a wrap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's weird . My 13 luxury had the blinkers and cold weather package. No light blades. Had Cue, heated mirrors. I knew the standard ones didnt have somethings like cue and such but I thought all had blinkers in the mirror. Well I was thinking all he has to do is look at the harness in the door panel and the plug should be right there. Test a couple wires and that's a wrap.
I have the 2018 base model ATS with cue and no blinkers... i decide to buy them online and install them. It was a really big job. The wires were not in the doors panels, i had to route them behind the glove box where it seems to have a computer.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have the 2018 base model ATS with cue and no blinkers... i decide to buy them online and install them. It was a really big job. The wires were not in the doors panels, i had to route them behind the glove box where it seems to have a computer.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk
I haven't looked at later models like yours only the earlier one. You guys taught me something today.

181 - 200 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.