Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,596 Posts
You said you installed the OEM lower LEDs. I thought the lower LEDs from the factory were in a different panel that also included a horizontal bright metal bar. I'm not seeing the bar in the picture; maybe its just hard to see. Or did you modify the factory non-LED panel, or buy a panel for a Performance/Premium but not buy the bar, or ????

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I notice there are no upper OEM LED"S....too difficult and/or impossible to do? Unfortunately, that's what really sets the car off. Otherwise,nicely done and a huge improvement in the looks department.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You said you installed the OEM lower LEDs. I thought the lower LEDs from the factory were in a different panel that also included a horizontal bright metal bar. I'm not seeing the bar in the picture; maybe its just hard to see. Or did you modify the factory non-LED panel, or buy a panel for a Performance/Premium but not buy the bar, or ????
He probably used a dremel or something to cut slots in the base plates then mounted the LEDS in. Op did you just tap the wires that send power to the bulbs to light up the LEDS? or did you run a rocker switch?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I ordered everything OEM from GM. The LED light, the trim bezel that you mentioned in the performance, and the horinzontal bright insert. I didn't modify anything.
----------

It is possible to do the upper also, but they just expensive. It will cost 1000 dollars for each side headlight kit. And I also need to order the harness from the performance, which costs about 200 dollars. not worth.. Anyway I think the hid and lower LED combination works perfect.
I notice there are no upper OEM LED"S....too difficult and/or impossible to do? Unfortunately, that's what really sets the car off. Otherwise,nicely done and a huge improvement in the looks department.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not cut it. LOL. yeah, I tap the wires with the headlight. Every time headlight turns on, LED lights turn on.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Stevo Supremo said:
lol whats your idea of expensive? I can't imagine this "species" of part on a BRAND new model of cadillac is particularly "cheap"
I think he was just asking what the cost of the parts were, not drawing any characterization of the relative cost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
believe it or not , some oem brand new parts are not bad. it all depends on what your doing and where you get it from. If you search and have part numbers (a plus) you can find there is plenty of sites that sell the parts and lower than any dealer.

here is an example I hated the orange turn signals in the mirrors so I ordered new parts to modify and replace the orange with white. Which looks 1000 times better

1AB752C8-5A7E-43DA-9FC3-FA09684FA0B8_zpswzo8oi1k.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering if its possible could you kind of explain what you used to wire all this up. Do the actual lights come with some sort of wiring harness that you tap into whatever you want them to come on with, or did you have to get wires seperate?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts