Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really Iike how the sides turned out but not sure on the trunk as it just doesn't seem to look quite right. Open to opinions and suggestions. Went with 7 inch length. Maybe I need a smaller one on trunk. V emblem is 5 inch.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also these are just high quality vinyl. Once I decide to keep them and settle on a size and location I plan to have them painted on.

If anyone else wants one I already paid the fee to have the template created so you can just order them in any size from same shop in Houston for just $8.50 a piece.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A real Blackwing? So is mine. lol. Got the signed badge on the motor and all. That's the whole point of the emblems. The non V Blackwings just have a 4.2 TT badge on back but otherwise look no different than a 4 cylinder CT6. Some of us had to have supercruise which isn't available on the V.

Your wife did a great job although I've chosen to forgo the front plate and just pay the fines, lol.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean the renamed ct5 and ct4 V that they are calling blackwings that don't have the actual blackwing motor like mine does? Yes it's faster than the ct4 "blackwing" but probably not the ct5.

My car actually has the cadillac Blackwing motor, unlike those renamed chevy powered cars. Well the ct4 has the twin turbo V6 that is unique to cadillac although based on the chevy 3.6. I like to think my v sport has a Cadillac motor.

Maybe I should have posted a picture of my motor with the emblems just to validate it.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
494 Posts
Do you mean the renamed ct5 and ct4 V that they are calling blackwings that don't have the actual blackwing motor like mine does? Yes it's faster than the ct4 "blackwing" but probably not the ct5.

My car actually has the cadillac Blackwing motor, unlike those renamed chevy powered cars. Well the ct4 has the twin turbo V6 that is unique to cadillac although based on the chevy 3.6. I like to think my v sport has a Cadillac motor.

Maybe I should have posted a picture of my motor with the emblems just to validate it.
okay then, now that makes sense then Legacy! I just think it’s so moronic when you see people that put SS on a Camaro and it clearly isn’t and they take off from a stop light with that shitty v6 sound. I am like who are you fooling, maybe yourself?? I was thinking about using THOSE morons logic and buying an S Class Benz and putting Maybach emblems on it. You know and just sidestep that YUGE pesky price difference. 😉😆😊

·
Registered
41 Posts
A real Blackwing? So is mine. lol. Got the signed badge on the motor and all. That's the whole point of the emblems. The non V Blackwings just have a 4.2 TT badge on back but otherwise look no different than a 4 cylinder CT6. Some of us had to have supercruise which isn't available on the V.

Your wife did a great job although I've chosen to forgo the front plate and just pay the fines, lol.

Sorry my bad, read the title none V. My mistake :), my wife used a cricut machine to make them.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,278 Posts
I don’t think it looks right. Also, if they were the correct emblems, wouldn’t they be metal? [or at least appear to me metal/plastic chrome/black]

The 1 on the fender looks ok if it was black plastic chrome, but I just don’t see how the 1 on the trunk fits at all.

IMO the only correct way to have done this would’ve been to get a chrome license plate with the Blackwing logo for the front of the car, unfortunately this car looks far better without a front license plate, so you’re kind of screwed out of that opportunity.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like the concept for sure. I think the ones on the fenders have a nice clean look to them, would move the trunk one down to bottom to see how it looks. The thought process which I do think is cool leads me to think, "carbon fiber" made emblem maybe? I'm thinking that could be really cool and would speak to the quality if these cars in a modern way.

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
269 Posts
okay then, now that makes sense then Legacy! I just think it’s so moronic when you see people that put SS on a Camaro and it clearly isn’t and they take off from a stop light with that shitty v6 sound. I am like who are you fooling, maybe yourself?? I was thinking about using THOSE morons logic and buying an S Class Benz and putting Maybach emblems on it. You know and just sidestep that YUGE pesky price difference. 😉😆😊
About a month ago, I saw either a SRX or XT5 (can't recall which now) and it had a V emblem on the back and I don't recall ever hearing of those models with any kind of V package. When I was younger, it seemed that some owners tried to outdo others putting more Cadillac emblems, usually in gold, in places where they didn't look exactly right. But in the end, I guess it's what makes the owner happy!

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
269 Posts
I really Iike how the sides turned out but not sure on the trunk as it just doesn't seem to look quite right. Open to opinions and suggestions. Went with 7 inch length. Maybe I need a smaller one on trunk. V emblem is 5 inch. View attachment 600843 View attachment 600844
I would imagine you will get some questions as to what the emblem means since the Blackwing is rare to begin with as well as the V. Maybe a tad smaller similar to the other trunk emblems would balance the look.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The good news is cadillac doesn't put a blackwing badge anywhere on the new "blackwings" and the only blackwing badge they ever made is the one on the top of the 1475 Blackwing Motors they built for the ct6 that also has the signature of the builder.

I know that no one will know what it is and I don't care about recognition I just wanted something to represent my car accurately and I like the look of the design.

The factory 4.2 TT just wasn't sufficient in my opinion for something so rare and special.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree. Only people who have driven these cars know the quality and attributes that make them so special and rare. It's really an honor to own one. My problem is I drive too much. Bought mine in Oct 2020 and just crossed over 21k this week. Killing me to see the odometer roll so much. I have 3 other cars, just can't bring myself to leave the CT6V in the driveway.....

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also got mine in October and have 2700 lol. I daily the V sport and only take the blackwing on date night or special occasions. Trying to keep the miles low myself.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing Platinum - Back Raven
4 Posts
LOL Legacy-LN, it was not 3 days ago I started googling blackwing emblem and badge for the exact same reason for my CT6 Platinum BW. I was hoping to find an actual "badge", raised painted part. I am sure there is a micro-market for these! Would it be possible to add "Black wing" to your existing design? I thought this would look good (see pic) on my Black Raven finish. Lucky you still have your V-Sport. Loved that car but it was one or the other (or divorce)

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Remember, the micromarket you speak of is 25% of the 1475 cars built with that motor, the other 75% being V cars according to Cadillac. So 369 Platinum Blackwings doesn't make it worth any companies time. Hell, the 1475 cars built with that engine isn't enough to get anyone to make aftermarket tune or parts.

Nice to see a fellow V sport and platinum Blackwing owner. Two cars no one knows exist and no one understands what the emblems mean, lol.

I'm sure they could add the words. It's Fastsigns in houston texas. Or find someone local. Only charged me like $50 to create the template.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts