Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it back Thursday, Still not fixed though:bigroll:

So I guess the Master Cylinder they replaced 2 months ago failed and that's what caused the brakes to fail again. They replaced the master cylinder for free under parts warranty

Second was my SES light, they replaced the cat convertor. Apparently this is what took so long, I guess my cat took them like 5 days to get the part'

Now the fun, my creaking front brakes. So I explained this to them, showed them the creak and showed them TSB that someone posted I thought it might be. Ok so they till me yeah it was the TSB and they fixed it. No Creak at the dealer, drove it for 1 day and guess what? Same front creak when applying the brakes came back. I took it back Friday and was told it would be like monday before they could look at it so I said screw it. At this point I'm just going to go ahead and swap out my front pads/rotors and regrease the pin myself and see if that makes it go away. I'm not gonna pay the dealer $125 to look at the brakes and tell me something that won't fix it.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2007 cts
107 Posts
A creak would only come from moving parts. The pins help the pads float around the rotors. Look on the insides of calipers and pads for wear markings. The creaking may be from binding.If not brakes it could be other suspension pasts rubbing during braking.Again look for wear marks.I recall there was a TSB about control arm bushings but can't remember the number.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
A creak would only come from moving parts. The pins help the pads float around the rotors. Look on the insides of calipers and pads for wear markings. The creaking may be from binding.If not brakes it could be other suspension pasts rubbing during braking.Again look for wear marks.I recall there was a TSB about control arm bushings but can't remember the number.
if the dealer did one side control arm, maybe it's the other side, here is the TSB

Front brakes creak when stopping. lower rear support are bushing, needs:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/06-03-08-008.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts