Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bit the bullet and sold my C5 Corvette and bought a 1 owner 2006 STS-V with 20K miles with a clean Carfax for $32K minus the vette. I just had it tinted yesterday 35% F1 Pinnacle. I needed a backseat to put a car seat in sometimes, but I still wanted something fun to drive.

So far the car is great, I'm still in the new puppy love stage playing with everything. My one negative would be trying to figure out how to use the voice activation to make calls. (Why couldn't they make it like a normal bluetooth?) I paired it up to my phone. I added some numbers to it's phone book. But I can't figure out the correct voice commands to make a call.
So this is my first official Help. What do I need to say? :confused:

Just thought I would say Hi.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
55 Posts
Congrads on the purchase! Unfortunately i can't be of much help with the phone... anything that is trying to take voice commands from me always get's extremely messed up... I'm one of those guys that can't EVER get the people on the other end to understand what i'm ordering at the drive-thru... haha. I just figured some congrads were in order :D

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
317 Posts
What do you mean by "normal" bluetooth? . . . . . My Motorola Razor connects to my 2006 V via bluetooth . . .

As for the voice commands . . . I get "Pardon" about 75% of the time . . . .

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I still owe WAY more than on mine.

Get the update on your radio first through the dealer.

You have to add "voice tags" to each phone #. Follow the directions to "add voicetag" in your Navigation manual. Then when you want to make a call, you push the talk button and say..."phone dial name"...it will reply and say"phone dial name",..."name please"...you say the name, and it repats the name and asks..." yes or no"...you say yes and it replies..."dialing".

YES...that's a lot, and its only advantage is that it is hands free. I use Motorola RAZR phones with mine and they work perfectly, but not many get theirs to work as good as mine seem to.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I recently purchased a 2006 STS-V as well. When I get it back form the dealer I have alot planned for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts