Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 20" Velgen VMB5s on my 2011 V wagon. So far I don't love the color combo with the Thunder Gray, but I do love the wheels, especially the offset. They look great. I may get them powder coated a different color. It definitely needs a drop (on stock suspension currently) and I'm going to paint the calipers. Anyway, sorry for the terrible pictures, but they should give you an idea of what the wheels look like. The last few are on stock wheels for comparison.

Album Link Here

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Beautiful Vagon, love love love the TG! The wheels look great. Are you wanting to change the color so there is more of a contrast with the rest of the car? Calipers too? What colors are you considering?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I love the color too, especially when it's clean. Yeah, I love how the stock wheels contrast with the car, so I'm looking for a color similar to that. Don't love black wheels personally. I'm trying to do the calipers yellow like the factory ones.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Sorry, No. I just googled gold calipers and scrolled the pics. This is the look I'd go for with my coupe. I like the yellow calipers too, but think a bright gold with those wheels would really look great with the TG.

·
Registered
CTS V wagon
131 Posts
Haha no way. I love the grill, it's the only chromy part on the car that I actually like. Plus I think they look too bright from the side, where you can't see the grille.
Totally agree. Your car looks perfect. I got a black Vagon with stock black wheels and yellow calipers. I like the bits of chrome that I have and don't think the blacked out trim looks better on an otherwise dark v.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT
54 Posts
Those look great!!! I love the deep look of the rear rims.

Did they come with a wheel spacer or did you need to do any adjustment, or just slap them on?

Let us know if you dropped it, and we can, once again, start the Eibach vs D3 debate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha, thanks! No adjustment, just took the old ones off, put the new ones on. Bam.

Ended up lowering it about 3 weeks later, looks so much better! And I'll throw a new horse into the ring for the Eibach vs. D3 debate: I got Rennick Engineering springs. Ordered D3 springs last year and 6 months later I didn't have them, so I canceled my order. My other thread is here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2015-cadillac-cts-v-performance/715770-renick-engineering-lowering-springs-yellow-calipers-2.html#post14429210

Lowered album here:

http://imgur.com/a/gLyBx#24

Those look great!!! I love the deep look of the rear rims.

Did they come with a wheel spacer or did you need to do any adjustment, or just slap them on?

Let us know if you dropped it, and we can, once again, start the Eibach vs D3 debate.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
how is the ride with those springs? looks great - I would love those with my white wagon

·
Registered
2010 V Sedan 2015 Denali
110 Posts
looks great. I've always been a polished wheel fan, but have been considering black wheels for my 2016 V. I'm relatively meticulous with cleaning my ride, and the brake dust drives me crazier. I like the color match for sure. Going to be a tough choice when ordering!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,162 Posts
OMG, does that look fine!

Scares the living daylights out of me seeing it parked in that tight spot, especially next to an older champagne Buick. And a picture of a V at the gas pump? That's a rare shot, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts