Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the front splitter ordered and got it installed! Completely changed the front end look of the car. It was worth every penny at my cost. Thankfully I get almost GM dealer cost on GM parts, so that took the sting out of the almost complete (I didn't do rear CF bumper diffuser as it's not really noticeable on phantom gray as it is on other lighter colors) CF package that I installed. I ordered the front fender well pieces to complete the look and I should have those installed sometime this week!

Here is the photo gallery:

BEFORE PICS:

REMOVED FRONT STOCK SPLITTER:

AFTER PICS:

·
Registered
ATS-V
47 Posts
I want to do this to my ATS but its a load of money , and i am not to keen on scratching the hell out of that thing while parking , but honestly , its one of the best looking splitters i`ve seen , and i`ve seen a lot .

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to do this to my ATS but its a load of money , and i am not to keen on scratching the hell out of that thing while parking , but honestly , its one of the best looking splitters i`ve seen , and i`ve seen a lot .
The CTS-V has two cameras in the lower grille that prevents you from hitting parking blocks and other objects at slow speed, but at higher speeds if you hit something, you're screwed as these are expensive even at GM dealer cost.

·
Registered
2017 CTSV Phantom Grey
43 Posts
Even with those fancy cameras, the car can move a couple inches when you put in park and take your foot off of the brake! If you park too close to an object the car can move and tap that spoiler, which really spoils it!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even with those fancy cameras, the car can move a couple inches when you put in park and take your foot off of the brake! If you park too close to an object the car can move and tap that spoiler, which really spoils it!
That is very true, but I haven't had that issue yet. The CF front splitter clears concrete parking blocks too. I parked over one yesterday and it cleared it without damaging it.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
The CTS-V has two cameras in the lower grille that prevents you from hitting parking blocks and other objects at slow speed, but at higher speeds if you hit something, you're screwed as these are expensive even at GM dealer cost.
the cameras can't make you look at them and use them so parking blocks are still in play as risks....that said, really nice job, looks beautiful:thumbsup:

this is what a parking brake is for...and the parking brake auto-releases so couldn't be easier to use

That is very true, but I haven't had that issue yet. The CF front splitter clears concrete parking blocks too. I parked over one yesterday and it cleared it without damaging it.
i've noticed this on multiple occasions on multiple cars....looks like GM knew what they were doing concerning ride height....other than accidents seems the real dangers to splitters is entering and leaving driveways

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I thought the cameras only come on the cars that came with the CF package? Is that not true?
here's the deal...there seems to be a limitation to the number of cameras CUE can use...in MY 2017 cars every CTS that is Premium Luxury level and up gets the 'Surround Vision' birdseye camera feature which adds 3 additional cameras to the car (1 in the grill and 1 under each outside rear view mirror)....the exception is the V, which only gains 2 cameras (both in the grill) for it's exclusive 'Curb View' camera feature(regardless of whether the carbon fiber pkg is optioned or not)....so, even though it's my guess, it seems Cadillac could not add the 4 cameras necessary to enable both 'Surround Vision' and 'Curb View' (2 in the outside mirrors and 2 in the grill.

given the choice i'd take 'Surround Vision' all day long....I have it now and the single front camera gives me an excellent view of the curb and splitter and i have the birdseye too, for the best of both worlds

the advantage of the 'Curb View' setup is you can see the whole splitter giving you a view of the corners...mine on the other hand shows me just the middle of my splitter....this doesn't bother me though because i would practically never need to know about the corners because i would (and do) actively avoid getting the corners of my car that close to anything....it's the parking block/curb crunch when parking that worries me and the single camera works fantastic in this regard

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd rather have the surround vision on my V3. I have it on our Escalade and it's awesome when parking and you can see everything! Don't know why GM didn't add it to a $100K CTS-V. Makes no sense why GM does what they do often times.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I'd rather have the surround vision on my V3. I have it on our Escalade and it's awesome when parking and you can see everything! Don't know why GM didn't add it to a $100K CTS-V. Makes no sense why GM does what they do often times.
look up...i talk about this...a logical explanation i present as a possibility is a technical issue (camera number limitation)....i don't believe GM would take off a feature already there and put in something worse unless they had to and they felt it was important enough to do so, in this case looking after an expensive splitter

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
look up...i talk about this...a logical explanation i present as a possibility is a technical issue (camera number limitation)....i don't believe GM would take off a feature already there and put in something worse unless they had to and they felt it was important enough to do so, in this case looking after an expensive splitter
I'm sure they could have done it especially since the Escalade has this system in place already. GM always goes 90%. They never go 100%. This has been my experience in all my years buying GM vehicles. They are getting better, but aren't 100% yet.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I'm sure they could have done it especially since the Escalade has this system in place already. GM always goes 90%. They never go 100%. This has been my experience in all my years buying GM vehicles. They are getting better, but aren't 100% yet.
you're missing my point, brother....i know the Escalade has this...My CTS has this ..and that is my point...my CTS V-Sport and your CTS-V are at the Premium/Premium Luxury Level so we know they already do Surround View in our cars....What the Escalade does not have is TWO! cameras in the grill like your car does....so it looks to me that the cameras on my CTS mirrors were moved to the grill on your CTS ...why not leave the cameras on the mirrors? is the question and sort of/kind of following the principal of occam's razor leads me to believe a technical issue is at foot

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand what you're saying. Like the Escalade, they could have used one grille front camera and put cameras under the mirrors and be done! Why two grille cameras? The Escalade front camera gives a great top and front view. Maybe on the next gen V, we can see the surround vision system.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I understand what you're saying. Like the Escalade, they could have used one grille front camera and put cameras under the mirrors and be done! Why two grille cameras? The Escalade front camera gives a great top and front view. Maybe on the next gen V, we can see the surround vision system.
they use two grill cameras and the same birdseye tech to stitch the two images together so you can see the whole splitter....on my surround view i see the middle 70% of the of the splitter

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
75 Posts
I'm not sure that's quite right regarding camera limitations. My '17 has a view for the front parking/splitter, a view for PDR which is different, a view for rear parking, and a view for the rear camera mirror which is different from the rear parking view. Some day soon I'll have to try to find all the various cameras in this car. Just imagine if it had space for laser distance cruise control, V2X communications which some CTS models now have, 4G LTE, LIDAR for Super Cruise, etc.. We're going to be big targets for F-35s with all the signal noise coming off these vehicles soon!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts