Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of hearing about the good work that these guys do, I was finally ready to ship off my computer on Monday. As promised the UPS guy delivered today.

I got the computer hooked up and started the car. I was anxious to hear what it was going to sound like with the increased lope in the idle. I was happy to hear that it was a little louder, I guess a drastic change wasn't likely as I had dreamt.

After several minutes of it warming up I went for a spin and could immediatly notice the better throttle response, increased power, calibration for the exhaust and RT replacement cats, and cleaner quicker revs.

All and all it was nearly the best money I have spent on the car. No engine lights, just a oil change indicator. Eventhough I know it's not ready but I will do it anyway.

I read about Stealth V's calibrations, but you really don't fully understand until it's your car.

Thanks Rick

Dave

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
hey rick...anyway to make this easy for me...im not to good with a wrench...I live in pa...how for are you...if i have to ill drive...this whole tune thing is killing me...what can i/we do...thanks scott

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bones,

It's an easy swap, no problem doing this yourself. If you can change light bulbs, heater filters and other very basic things around your house...... you can do the PCM swap.

There are so many of us here on the board that would be happy to walk you through it on th phone.

Take care

VineMan out......

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
pcm removal is cake.No ramps needed.15 minutes tops.Send it off Rick knows his shit.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Wow, for the first time I actually clicked on that stupid Volant thread. I was wondering why that was posting so quickly and didn't want to invest the time in reading it.

One thing I will say is that Rick has freely admitted to me that he'd need the car and get some miles on it to get the Optimus Prime tune. But I wholeheartedly agree that when it comes to mail-order, StealthV will not be beat. He'll even have you out his way and tune your car, if you want to spend the $$. I'm sure competent tuners can get close to what Rick can do. And some of the best can beat Rick's mail order if they have the V in their possession. But it's about results. And when I saw my buddy Bill(HDMLNIUM) get a 12.9 with a StealthV tune after getting a 13.1 with a Westers tune, that sealed it for me. I will be talking to Rick once I decide on what cam and header I'll be running. Call me a blind sheep that follows the masses if you want. But I'll be a F'ing fast sheep.

I also couldn't care less what Elridge can do for you with all his tuning skills. I think I've read all of his 23 posts and every single one comes from a poster I'd never want to meet. He could make more power than Rick(which he won't), I'd never buy from anyone with that sort of attitude.

Oh and CVP33, this statement was hysterical: Fkn atkins bullshit in a house of 100 lb. teenagers and a 98lb. wife who rivals the keebler elves in both proficiency and throughput.

·
0 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
I'm sure competent tuners can get close to what Rick can do. And some of the best can beat Rick's mail order if they have the V in their possession. But it's about results. And when I saw my buddy Bill(HDMLNIUM) get a 12.9 with a StealthV tune after getting a 13.1 with a Westers tune, .
BigJim,

I'm curious, post up the two timeslips. I've been known to do a bit of dragracing and would like to compare both slips side by side. Is that possible??:cool:

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
10secvette said:
Not on this board, well, unless, maybe you pay the $5.00 good ole boys fee.
Welcome to a tough crowd.

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
I'm sure competent tuners can get close to what Rick can do. And some of the best can beat Rick's mail order if they have the V in their possession. But it's about results. And when I saw my buddy Bill(HDMLNIUM) get a 12.9 with a StealthV tune after getting a 13.1 with a Westers tune, .

10secvette said:
BigJim,

I'm curious, post up the two timeslips. I've been known to do a bit of dragracing and would like to compare both slips side by side. Is that possible??:cool:
WHen were the tunes done. Who's tune was run first? Also, how much time elapsed between follow up tune and testing? What was the DA for the comparo. runs? Details......... please.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I have a Stealth tune and ran a 13 flat @112 with Toyos. Im guessing I could probaby do a 12.5 with drags although I wont.. This with a maggie, magnaflow and RT cats. Also some maggie belt slip witch seems to be an issue with smaller pulleys. Plenty fast for me.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
One thing I will say is that Rick has freely admitted to me that he'd need the car and get some miles on it to get the Optimus Prime tune.
BigJim,
You are lucky, at least he was honest with you.
-ace

·
0 Posts
DansCTSV said:
I am sure you can find the slips if you do some searching. But here are videos with some stats. My V is the red one and at that time had the stock tune and no headers.

http://home.comcast.net/~dansctsv/
I found a bunch of timeslips., but with no expalnation of mods or tunes on the slips, they are worthless. Just looking for some backup to the claims that's all.

·
Banned
340 Posts
10secvette said:
I found a bunch of timeslips., but with no expalnation of mods or tunes on the slips, they are worthless. Just looking for some backup to the claims that's all.
Ditto, this does'nt help the "tuners" case at all. Documentation is key.

·
0 Posts
GTP said:
Ditto, this does'nt help the "tuners" case at all. Documentation is key.

Take a look at the "website", plenty of factual documentation there.....:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

·
Registered
47 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
I also couldn't care less what Elridge can do for you with all his tuning skills. I think I've read all of his 23 posts and every single one comes from a poster I'd never want to meet. He could make more power than Rick(which he won't), I'd never buy from anyone with that sort of attitude.
I don't sell anything.

Elridge :kick:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts