Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
escalade 04
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys over at the body shop screwed me so bad, ok, my original shocks are still there in the rear, but in the front, to save money, these guys put normal shocks on my truck. Then, they took the sensors, and dipped the wires inside the frame so i could not find them. My last mechanic found them, and said my sensors are not even plugged up, which may be the reason why when cadillac put the truck on the computer, it came back that i needed 2 sensors for the front stabilitrac! So, the sensors are just hannging there, and i have 2 shocks that are not for my truck on the front , which may mean why my truck sits higher in the front. I talked to cadillac, they want 1250 bucks for the 2 front shocks which i cant afford and nor will i even think about it, so do i have any other options? Do they make after market that i can plug the sensors into ? The only other thing i was thinking is this, sense most cars appear higher in the back than in the front, could i take the current shocks and flip flop them? Put the basic shocks in the rear, and the stock shocks in the front? This would make it look better.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
I remember Advance Auto use to have em for like 300 something each...

·
Registered
Escalade 2002
4 Posts
I'm getting the same error - I brought my truck used...Escalade AWD 02 Im not sure if my front or rear shocks have been replaced already. The rear shocks have a orange shell covering the shocks -the front are encased in a black shell that covers them. If all of the shocks OME, does the error mean the sensors are bad or that the front / rear shocks need to be replaced? What did the dealer tell you?

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
first of all do not (and you can't) "flip-flop" them! Second the sensors and the shocks are separate. It sounds like you need 2 Escalade shocks and 2 sensors. You can buy the sensors for around $35 on the net and this site has some good links for shocks. Both you can do yourself. And to answer Micky D you can have good shocks and good sensors and still throw codes (ie the sensors can be in the wrong position).

Lastly this is not an attack on you but it kills me when individuals pay for high end automobiles (actually anything) and they skimp on maintaining it. Do it right the first time and be happy with it.

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
I'm getting the same error - I brought my truck used...Escalade AWD 02 Im not sure if my front or rear shocks have been replaced already. The rear shocks have a orange shell covering the shocks -the front are encased in a black shell that covers them. If all of the shocks OME, does the error mean the sensors are bad or that the front / rear shocks need to be replaced? What did the dealer tell you?
Those are OEM shocks you have.....

Also to the OP, go back to the body shop, that shit is ****ed up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts