Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have previously bragged about a detail shop in Memphis, Tn that does a job so fine that we all joke that their detailing sells cars rather than the owner of the car.

For reg pass cars, they charge $130 and shampoo the interior carpeting, clean the trunk, treat the leather, clean the engine, spray black paint on the underside of the car, including wheel wells, etc, etc. Their glaze looks like a million dollars.

A friend of mine has used them for over 25 years. Cassell's Detail shop is owned by a nice elderly couple, and they work their with their crew.

This friend recently took my 2007 530 in (4,500 miles--accurate) to get it 'fluffed up.'

When he went to pick it up, the charge was $500.

Why? Cause owner's wife says: "but it's a BMW!!!!!!!!"

(Even after a 25 year working relationship, where my friend [who owns a Ford dealership] has literally taken probably 1,000 cars there--or more.)

I might debadge this car, and put a Yugo logo on it.

They were instructed to avoid touching the engine, and the car was super clean--with 4,500 miles.

For the past 10 years, I would always take the owners a nice lunch whenever I passed through town. They are fine people. They just lost $370 worth of lunches and then some.

I will continue to use them for my Buicks or my CTS, etc, but I will also make sure that I ask price prior to dropping off car.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I don't care if its a lambo, detailing is detailing, unless its a price difference for big wheels and full detail on a full size suv like H2 the price should be around the same.
BMW isn't all that special....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts