Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously my dealer replaced the my malfunctioning sunroof switch, maybe 4 months ago. I thought it was a new switch (new revision, diff part number), but infact it was the same. It worked fine for a period of time, but now today I took my car out to the carwash :) had a great time until I looked back when exiting and saw my right rear C pillar wet around the airbag symbol. Earlier in the week my door froze shut so I thought possibly the door may have been open; got out to check that and saw the sunroof tilted up. Looked inside and the sliding headliner section over the roof was wet, and the water went down along the right side over to the right rear pillar aswell. Keep in mind that other people on the forum have mentioned their switches malfunctioning in similar ways and that the dealer has replaced mine before. I'd think they should replace the whole headliner and the right rear section, the rest looks fine (atleast as far as I can tell.)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up stopping by there today; snow and weather delayed my trip. It turns out i'm still under the warrenty, so its definatly covered :highfive: Trip went better than I expected too, ran into a few friends that worked at the dealership and they're going to take care of my problem tomorrow ~2pm

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Blekk0 said:
Ended up stopping by there today; snow and weather delayed my trip. It turns out i'm still under the warrenty, so its definatly covered :highfive: Trip went better than I expected too, ran into a few friends that worked at the dealership and they're going to take care of my problem tomorrow ~2pm
Don'tcha love it when things come together!!:p You have a good trip I trust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got my car back yesterday due to the same issue...I took it in after I realized that the pillars were stained...

it all stared after I took it to thru a carwash and noticed that the sunroof was leaking...come to find out, it was sort of my fault. Apparently you are not supposed to take it thru "Laser Carwashes" the dealership stated that they produced too much pressure...

They did find a "kink" in the sunroof, and replaced the pillars...

So just becareful outhere with those "Laser" car washes...

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wally McCarthy 's in Roseville, MN

I dont think the laserwash thing is true, it may be applicable in a certain situation, but its not true for all cts'. My problem was due to the sunroof switch malfunctioning and tilting the back end up while I was inside.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went back and they looked over everything the other day. Wasnt too long and they took down a list of what parts to order. New parts include the headliner, sun shield, rear c pillar, sunroof switch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Blekk0, who did your tint? MN is 50%, have you been pulled over often? I was thinking of doing 35% but after reading some thread about the back window bubbling I am undecided.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had 5% tint on my old 87 Deville, and I got pulled over in Minneapolis for it. It was crap because I was doing the speed limit and I was getting passed by everyone else, but he pulls me over for my tint... He let me go though (I was in uniform, and he didn't want to bother me). Down here in GA they don't care, which is nice.

·
Registered
CTS
107 Posts
shaft said:
Blekk0, who did your tint? MN is 50%, have you been pulled over often? I was thinking of doing 35% but after reading some thread about the back window bubbling I am undecided.
Shaft - My CTS color is silver smoke - have the front door windows at 35% with the rear door windows and back window at 50% - had the same combo on my black 2003. No issues with law enforcement. Work done by Solar Shield in Savage. The issue with bubbling isn't the film itself, but the "dots" near the top of the rear window. If it is a concern, the film can be applied just below the start of the "dots". PS - I have had good service at Anderson in Golden Valley.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the info pulsch. I was aware that it wasnt the tint but the pattern on the window. Tell me, did you have your whole window tinted? If so how did it turn out? I am north of the cities, but if I know your tint shop did a good job I might be willing to go the extra distance. Also, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to have yours done?

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is effectively 22% (had a cop put the box on it). I got 30% all around, and there was a 8% blue tint to the windows from the factory. After I got my rims put on I was pulled over a lot for a period of time, but they havnt bothered me for atleast 5 months. I never got a ticket for it, did get one for not having a front plate though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts