Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally completed the video on my March 27th visit to the Texas Mile. I posted weeks ago that my 09 CTS-V ran a 172.2 mph from a standing start at the Texas Mile. My car is an automatic. We had trouble with one camera, so I apologize for the way some of it turned out. It was a lot of fun, and I plan to go back in October and hopefully break 180 MPH. Hope everyone enjoys the video. Its a little over 4 minutes long. The Youtube Video link is:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
784 Posts
Outstanding!

Was nice meeting you at Dallas C&C...didn't know you were from Farmersville, I grew up in Whitewright.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
Thanks for posting the video.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Good runs. The second one looked more fun even if it was a little slower. A little tail-wagging and burning out never hurt anyone or anything except the tires. :) That first run is yet more proof that Cadi got the automatic tranny just about right on this car, just needs a little work on shift points and 180 mph is in your future.

I LOVE my car. :woot:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outstanding!

Was nice meeting you at Dallas C&C...didn't know you were from Farmersville, I grew up in Whitewright.
It was nice meeting you. Come back againg sometime. V's are great vehicles, hope you are enjoying your silver bueaty?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was nice meeting you at Dallas Cars & Coffee and thanks for sharing the
video with us. Gene will be taking his "V" out tomorrow night to North Star
Dragway and racing in the "factory rubber shootout" Maybe
we'll see you and any other "V's" out there.
Yea, it was nice meeting you and visiting with you. I am planning to be at the dragway tonight, might not bring my v, but I will plan to be there. I want to see how Gene does with his new rear wide tire set up.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
...My car is an automatic...I plan to go back in October and hopefully break 180 MPH...
Have you removed the auto's 175 MPH top speed limiter? If yes, I sure hope she doesn't frag on you (supposedly one of the tranny clutch baskets has an RPM/strength limit)...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you removed the auto's 175 MPH top speed limiter? If yes, I sure hope she doesn't frag on you (supposedly one of the tranny clutch baskets has an RPM/strength limit)...
I assume so that, that was done. So we shall see.Not really worried about it. but thanks for the comment. DonS

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
784 Posts
It was nice meeting you. Come back againg sometime. V's are great vehicles, hope you are enjoying your silver bueaty?
Yessir! One track day and an autocross under my belt...great to use a car for what it's built to do!:highfive:

If you are ever down in Houston let me know...we have C&C on the same weekend, I'll def try to make another Dallas meet if I'm up there again at that time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I assume so that, that was done. So we shall see.Not really worried about it. but thanks for the comment. DonS
My tuner tells me that the limiter factor is no longer present, and my car should be capable of 190 or 195 top end, given enough road. DonS

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great video. I'm planning to be going down in October as well. What kind of camera and mount did you have?
Well, it didn't go to well on the camera side. We mounted a camera on a tripod in the back floorboard pointed over my right shoulder ( all strapped down with bungy cords). We wanted to pick up a shot of the tack and dash. That didn't work because I forgot to turn the lights on. The camera utilized from the outside was of old technology and thats the one that created difficulty. So we will upgrade our cameras for the next event. Hope to see you there. Will you enter the event? What kind of car? A V I hope!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts