Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The eldo is a little dusty though. I just got her out of her winter sleep... :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
:rofl: :histeric: He called your boat a tank :histeric: :rofl:
Just playin' I'd like to have one like that with a nice candy paint and some 20s. :D

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I call it a tank too sometimes. The massiveness and the size and the sound comin' off of it really makes it a monster car :)

BTW, Cadillac made V8 engines for tanks in WWII and even made whole tanks in the early 50's.

And oh, I am thinking of putting some huge 20's or even 22's under that babe. I was thinking spokes...
It is in fairly good condition. All original, exept for the wearing parts like brakes and bearings and stuff.

And thanks for the props!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey 70eldo,

Just curious, what country in Europe are you in? I noticed your EU license plate, but can't see the country letter.

Also, saw your picture of your top speed. I have to say, you brought back memories of a trip I took to Germany in 1996 to visit a German friend. We rented a new (at the time) Porsche 911 with only 6K Kilometers on it and hit 260 Km/H = 162.5 MPH on the Autobahn. Road was virtually empty at the time, so I was able to keep up that speed for about 15 minutes! Gotta love those german highways! Simply exhilarating!

Ahhhh, memories!

Happy Thanksgiving from the US!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Nice, 472 cubic inches - 400BHP, perfect running order should do 125-130 top speed. Might be scary with the brakes from that era. I like the idea of the spokes, but being a more regal ride that it is, 18" would look good with out being to blingey. Just my $.02. Enjoy it, as it must be real rare there.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AmericanMuscle said:
Hey 70eldo,

Just curious, what country in Europe are you in? I noticed your EU license plate, but can't see the country letter.

Also, saw your picture of your top speed. I have to say, you brought back memories of a trip I took to Germany in 1996 to visit a German friend. We rented a new (at the time) Porsche 911 with only 6K Kilometers on it and hit 260 Km/H = 162.5 MPH on the Autobahn. Road was virtually empty at the time, so I was able to keep up that speed for about 15 minutes! Gotta love those german highways! Simply exhilarating!

Ahhhh, memories!

Happy Thanksgiving from the US!
Thanks! The white license plates are from germany and the yellow from Holland. The 70 Eldo will get dark blue license plates later as I need to apply for classic plates. Driving the CTS at those speeds is indeed exhilarating and it even stays very comfortable.

TripleOught said:
that eldo needs some 100 spoke 20's...i love it man...not a huge fan of the color, but dig the rustic style.

and cadiman, i'm with you...a 50's ride would be hella nice...
We'll see what I can find for her :)

B Hoth said:
Nice, 472 cubic inches - 400BHP, perfect running order should do 125-130 top speed. Might be scary with the brakes from that era. I like the idea of the spokes, but being a more regal ride that it is, 18" would look good with out being to blingey. Just my $.02. Enjoy it, as it must be real rare there.
It has 500 cid (8.2 litres)! :) And it does indeed reach 130 as the needle goes well passed the 120 on the speedometer (120 is the last on the speedo). You might be right on the 18". I'll work something out.
As far as I know there are about a handfull of 70 Eldorado's in Holland. A friend of mine has a '69.

RobertCTS said:
I love your Eldorado!! That's even rare here in the states. I know you have problems getting parts for your CTS so I imagine the Eldorado must really be a challenge!
I need to order most of the parts from the US. I found that some used parts dealers are ripping me off on prices and even charging me for unrealistic shipping prices... But I am with the Cadillac Club Netherlands as well. That helps. :cool:

Thank you all!

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
I wish we had smaller euro-style plates in the US, :thehand: spare me with the giant square on my car, the plate doesn't look as bad on your car

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like the square in the back though. But it looks better in the front indeed. It doesn't interrupt the flow of the nose that much. But you are lucky in some states you don't need plates in the front :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts