Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 84 sedan's headliner has started to bubble so this morning its going in to have it replaced. While its there, I'm having them install assist handles on the roof for my 86 year old mother. $250.00 is well worth it to me not having to deal with the dust from the old one and the labor to remove/ reinstall! Today I'll be repairing the hub caps while its gone. I found 2 perfect Fleetwood wire caps and 2 Fleetwood center caps to swap over to my Sedan caps. Once done, I'll have 4 excellent caps with the Fleetwood crests and wreaths. I also got a throttle body from an 81 8-6-4 engine to swap over to my HT 4100. That's a subject for a later thread. I did this swap on the last 84 Eldo I had and it made quite a difference in power and drive-ability. I'll do my best to provide a series of pictures as the throttle body swap is done but its really very simple. All you really need is a thick base gasket to allow the throttle blades to fully open (they're a larger diameter) and its necessary to use the 4100 injectors on the 81 throttle body. Hardest part is setting the 84 TPS to spec. The 81 TPS cannt be used, it hits the right valve cover!

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Brougham
46 Posts
After getting my Brougham fixing the headliner was one of the first things I did, right after tenting the windows and right before changing the valve cover gaskets :-( . I believe I paid around $200 for mine as well, maybe a bit less. It was a great decision as the shop I used did a really professional job that really enhanced the look of the car.

For me, the headliner is one of those repairs that it's well worth having someone else do. Too much potential for me to screw it up.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headliner looks great! and the assist straps look stock.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try. Its just a new blue headliner not a naked girl!:)

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"if being right means being without you, I'd rather do a wrong doing life" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts